Combination stretching and visibility states

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
637 Views, 4 Replies

Combination stretching and visibility states

Hi Guys,

I am working on a few dynamic blocks with ducts.

The plan is when you stretch the duct to far it will automatically place a coupling and the next peace of duct.

This wasn’t the problem but if I connect more than 2 ducts it goes extremely slow. (see attached file)

I think that if I am using larger steps between stretching (still testing this theory) it will go faster but this goes against my nature of being possible to exactly decide the length on my one.

So is there somebody who knows a way to get things smoother?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sorry for attacking you with lisp but it makes life so much easier. My custom made lp command

the lisp itself is a simple array that modifies the last dynamic block (or first block if you hold shift + left click).

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I'll modify my lp command for you and add this block

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Once again thank you for the solution 😄

This will be very handy 😄

Regards Thomas

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hello,

I am not sure if my problem falls into the same category as Thomas' original issue, but it seems mine might be similar. I have a rectangular block that when stretched needs to be an equally spaced array of holes. I have experimented with various visibilty states etc., but have not been able to reach my desired result. Attached is my block that constains at stretch peramter that limits the height and width to 56, and when it stretches past 40 1/16", another series of holes needs to be inserted at eaqual spacing. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services