Did you mean: 

Clean, modern 2D top view furniture blocks for 2D floor plans

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5170 Views, 5 Replies

Clean, modern 2D top view furniture blocks for 2D floor plans

Two questions:

#1. I've been asked by a client to reproduce old 2D floor plans of apartment suites into new, updated 2D plans AND to include examples with furniture in all of them. I know AutoCad has 2D blocks, but they're a little cheap looking and the client wants something more modern. So I'm looking for nice, simple, b&w 2D furniture (not any 3D furniture... just the simple, transparent furniture line drawings) to use in the floor plans. Any suggestions where I can find such furniture? I have no problem finding tons of 3D furniture, but no simple 2D top view B&W? Ideas?

#2. Client wants to try to lay out their own furniture in the floor plans I'm creating for them. Is there an application that I can run onlilne to allow my client to select and place 2D top view furniture into a 2D top view floor plan, and then save as JPEG or PDF? Ideally, this would be something I could host on my server. Ideas?

I'm under pressure to figure this out in the next day or two, so your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried googling CAD,furniture? Have you tried going to some of these furniture websites to see if they have CAD content?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

#1 See previous answer. Lots o blocks out there. You'll just have to wade through them to find the ones you want. Check The CAD Block Exchange Network

http://cben.net/

#2 No. Unless you convert the plans and blocks to jpg or something a simple image (raster) program can use. AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT are really it to edit DWG files. You could also try converting the files to DXF format. Lots of CAD programs on the cheap will read DXF.

Jim

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Might help you.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks Charles. There's a few there but I'm looking for a small library of clean, minimalist furniture and appliances for simple condo layouts.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services