Did you mean: 

Change dimension by stretch x searching

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PepaR
360 Views, 4 Replies

Change dimension by stretch x searching

Hello all,

I try create simple block where I change dimensions of polylines. Everything work with stretch partameter until I try use search parameter for change dimension.

See in attachment.

Can you help me, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: PepaR

You have a lot going on.

Since I've never seen this before are all of your Stetch Actions only tied to the Lookup Parameter?

When you were building this when did it fail or did you add all the Stretch Actions at once without testing?

It seems that when the smaller Lookup size is chosen the Flip and Rotate Actions mirror (lack of a better term needed here for where they end up relative to where they should be).

Stretch Actions conflicting with one another perhaps?

Try using Linear Parameters on the Upper and Lower horizontal entities. Tie the Actions to these. You will need to change the Base Location of the Parameter to Midpoint and set the Multipliers for all the Stretch Actions to 1(I wonder if the -1 multiplier is the problem) and if you add the Stretch Actions as you did the ones acting on the left side of the model will need an Offset Angle of 180.

Rather interesting that this could be another way to build a DynBlk using a Lookup Parameter to drive Actions. Never thought that way before but I guess that is what happens when a Lookup Table changes a Vis State.

Message 3 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Charles_Shade

His stretch Actions do tie to the Linear parameters.  They are only turned off with Visibility state.  And you are right, the linear parameters should be based from the midpoint, not endpoint.  With that change, it works correctly.  The (-1) and (-0.5) multipliers don't need to change to positive with 180 degree direction.

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ToanDN

Didn't think to look at what was on or off in the Vis State. Never occured to me to hide the Parameters.

Still; interesting on the Multiplier.

Message 5 of 5
PepaR
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks a lot for help. If I change position of linear paramneter from middle, everythings work correctly.

I use vidibilty state only for hide parapeters (grips). It'd default state for prevent modify standard size. In some cases I nee nonstandard size, so I turn on parameters.

Thanks a lot again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services