Did you mean: 

Chaining Multiple Parameters and Actions - Again

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RockyBrown4134
858 Views, 2 Replies

Chaining Multiple Parameters and Actions - Again

I have learned a great deal from this group about chaining parameters and actions. Thank you for all of the help. I have gotten to the point that I have become "Brave" in attempting new ideas. Like always, I get to a point where I need your help again.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish in the attached block. Two parameters mainly drive the block, "Height" and "Total_run". I want to be able to manipulate "Height" to drive the whole block, where "Total_run" is always equal to "Height" Is there a way to do this better that what I have?

Eventually, I would like to be able to control it from a LISP program, but I feel that I need to get the Dynamic Block working corectly.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. All are appreciated and welcome.

Thanks again for all of the help from this group!

Moderator: Please move this to a different group if it is needed.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

Use a single linear parameter instead of the XY and add 1 stretch action to go DOWN and add a second with an agle offset of -90°.

Message 3 of 3
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: Libbya

Sweet! I like that trick. I never really paid attention to the angle offset on liniar parameters before.

Thanks for teaching an Old Dog a simple new trick!

Thanks again.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services