Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block wont plot correctly?????????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
komet99
338 Views, 5 Replies

block wont plot correctly?????????

I have a particular block that I paste in. A circle with 2 quadrants solid hatched. WIth the viewport not hidden it will plot correctly, With the viewport hidden the hatch will not plot, but the circle will. I have tried going into the block editor and modifying the hatch to bring up front but that doesnt stay. I have tried draw order with no results. What else is there?

Bones
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
smorange1984
in reply to: komet99

Hmmm, I'm not exactly the most qualified person here, so exuse me if you have already tried this, but my first idea would be to check the layer that the hatch was created...and make sure it isn't the same as the viewport layer.
Message 3 of 6
komet99

When I change the shade plot on the viewport to 'as displayed' everything plots right. But I need it hidden. I could copy the vieport and freeze all the layers ecxept the block, but that still doesnt fix the block.

Bones
Message 4 of 6
smorange1984

well...up until now I hadn't ever used the shade plot option on viewports...I don't even know what it does...I don't think I can be any help!
Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

Solid fills in Hatch, Plines with width >0, 2D solid, TTF fonts... won't plot in Hidden mode. You need to change the Hatch to some other pattern and change the density so it will plot as solid.
Message 6 of 6
hwalker

If you don't want the viewport to plot. There are two very simple solutions
1. Create a layer for your viewport and switch the printing for that layer off and stick your viewport on that layer
2. Stick your viewport on the DEFPOINTS layer

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services