Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AttSync of blocks - takes a long time with numerous objects

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JanYoder7484
1947 Views, 1 Reply

AttSync of blocks - takes a long time with numerous objects

The AttSync command does what it advertises fairly well.  My problem is that I have thousands of small blocks in a single drawing.  (My current drawing has 2100 block references with four attributes in each one.)  I may change the attribute values in a few of them and need to re-sync the attribute locations.  When I run AttSync it updates every single block insertion.  One of two things are desired:

1)Flag each block insertion as having been sync'ed, reducing the number of objects requiring synchronization when AttSync is called again.  Provide a way to force all to be sync'ed.

2)Allow a selection set in the AttSync command after selecting the block to sync.

Either or both of these would a great time-saver for those of us with large numbers of blocks with attributes.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: JanYoder7484

To attsync all blocks

Attsync;name;*;

; = Enter

You can either use it as a macro or as a command. Attsync iniates the command which will promp you:

"Enter an option [?/Name/Select] <Select>".

Here you choose name, and when it promps you:

Enter name of block to sync or [?]

You choose * to do a wildcard match, wildcard match on nothing equals everything.

Simplified:

Attsync

*enter*

Name

*enter*

* (wildcard)

*enter*

To make a "selection set" is not possbile, but you could cheat it with a macro. To do so you would need a macro that repeats itself, this macro below would do the trick.

^C^Cattsync;select;\YES;

This macro will, when iniated promp you to "Select a block:" when you click your block it will sync it and end the command. Now to simulate multiple selection you stack the macro upon itself several times. for example:

^C^Cattsync;select;\YES;^C^Cattsync;select;\YES;^C^Cattsync;select;\YES;^C^Cattsync;select;\YES;

It's a cheaptrick but it does it's work, you can stack the macro up to a hundred or so to be sure you don't have to re-iniate the macro in the middle of attsynching.

To simply end the command press esc and the command will end, for each time you select a block it will update it's attributes.

Hope it helped

//Adam

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services