Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes within nested blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
martin
1846 Views, 4 Replies

Attributes within nested blocks

I am using attributes in which i place values using vba (or manualy) these blocks and the attribute data are being exported to a database.
This works fine.

When i make a nested block with these blocks i should expect that it is possible to assign different values to the attributes of a nested block.

This is not the case, after saving the block all the attributes are having the same attribute value.

So what it should do, is the natural behaviour of the attribute, is to assign different value's to the attributes of the nested blocks.

How do i get this to work right?

Regards,

Martin
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: martin

Do your attributes have the same tag in the top and nested blocks?
I do not know how to work your problem but am looking for more info for others to tackle.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 5
martin

Charles,

Thanks for your reply.

The top block doesn't contain any attributes, it contains nested blocks, only these nested blocks have attributes.
I wil inclose the dwg.
After 'edit block in place' and editting the attribute of a nested block, the attributes of the same 'top block' are updated with the same value as in the first top block.
The top block is named 'scharnier...+ schroef ...' and consists of the block 'scharnier...' and 8 blocks 'schroef...'

Regards,

Martin
Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

You Deutsch, I'm out of breath just trying to say the name of that file.
I realize I said up above that my knowledge on this is limited but I will ask again if you have tried to change the Tag Names for Schroef 5x60
and Scharnier 3_5x3_5x2_2? The Tag ARTIKEL_ELEMENTCODE is the same in both blocks. Maybe the nesting is hosing them up since they are inserted as one entity.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 5
martin

Charles,

Not Deutsch but Dutch (nearby Belgium), close enough.

Changing the tag-name doesn't do the trick.
All the nested blocks schroef (screw) 5x60 and Scharnier (hinge) 3_5x3_5x2_2 within 'topblock 1' should have the attribute with the Tag 'ARTIKEL_ELEMENTCODE' filled with the value e.g. 'AA' and
All the nested blocks schroef (screw) 5x60 and Scharnier (hinge) 3_5x3_5x2_2 within 'topblock 2' should have the attribute with the Tag 'ARTIKEL_ELEMENTCODE' filled with the value e.g. 'BB' etc

In my opinion is the attribute inserted as one object but not the attribute value.

Regards,

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services