Did you mean: 

Attributes not working in DYN Block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kkline116
564 Views, 6 Replies

Attributes not working in DYN Block

Hello all...

Take a look at the attached block. The purpose of the block is to designate match points between floors of a building. The idea is, on the floorplan you have an "A" at the top of the bubble, and then on the inset you have an "A" at the bottom of the bubble, so "A-A" matches when combined.

However, when I went to put the attribute in the block, it stops working. What's weird is, when you're in the block editor, and you go to "test block", it works fine... but if you exit the block editor, the attribute disappears, and when you double click on the block to edit the attribute, the block editor comes up, as if the attribute isn't there.

Lastly, does anyone know of a way to edit both letters with a single edit? In other words, the user places the block in the drawing, double clicks it and the edit attribute comes up... they change the "A" to a "B" and it changes both the top and the bottom "A" to the B so that there's not two attributes they have to change (because they'll always match).

I hope that makes sense... any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

EDIT: Oh, and I tried ATTSYNC and that didn't seem to work. When I did it, it says "there are no editble attributes in this block", but it says the text is an attribute when you're in block editor.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ojuris
in reply to: kkline116

hi

I don't see Your block

Message 3 of 7
kkline116
in reply to: ojuris

Sorry, I forgot my IE doesn't actually do attachments in these forums.

It should be attached now.

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

Well I've not been able to get a DWG to attach for about a month now so Kudos for doing so.

There are a couple of Threads in this Forum concerning your request so a Search should turn up the solution.

In the meantime a couple of things to know about doing this:

1. Each Attrib needs a unique Tag and must be locked.

2. In the first Attrib do not assign a Value. This must be done when the DynBlk is inserted.

3.. In the second Attrib use a Field to get the Value of the First Attrib.

4. Some Dynamic Action must be completed to make the second Attrib read and show the First Attribs Value. The Vis State switch should do this for you.

5. And lastly this is very finicky so do not be surprised if it takes an attempt or two.

Message 5 of 7
ojuris

hi!

May be You don't need 2 attributes?

look at attached file

Regards

Juris

Message 6 of 7
kkline116
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks! I will be sure to give those a try.

And I used Chrome to get it to attach... seems to work fine there!

Message 7 of 7
kkline116
in reply to: ojuris

Thanks! I will check it out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services