Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute will not stretch

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
395 Views, 11 Replies

Attribute will not stretch

See attached drawing (2004). I just want to be able to stretch the right end of the block (attribute included). The line stretches, the circle moves, but the attribute block stays put. Any suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jatkiss
in reply to: Anonymous

the reason the attribute is not moving is because you have not set up parameters and actions for it to be moved.
you have done this for the stretching of the line and circle, but not the attribute.

at least, that is my initial thoughts after having a very brief look at it.
Message 3 of 12
Jennygirlx

nope, it has been selected, iv got the same problem...
Message 4 of 12
tlindell

Two things, it wasn't included in stretch action and the attribute must be set to "Lock position" "Yes" for the action to take affect. Make those changes, and reinsert your block.
Message 5 of 12
jatkiss

Sorry, you are wrong.

When I try to Bedit this block, the attribute has no parameters or actions attached to it all.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for the input. I included the attribute in the stretch action, and set it to "Lock", and still nothing.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

How do you attach an attribute to a parameter? I thought you can only attach it to the Action.
Message 8 of 12
tlindell

Did you reinsert the revised block definition? Attributes can be resistant to change once placed in the drawing.
Message 9 of 12
cnibbe

one thing i've noticed with this issue is that DB's are touchy when using copied/pasted blocks. I've virtually eliminated this myself by redoing attributes with the settings properly set prior to placement in the BEDIT environment. my suggestion is to start over with the problem entities.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

That worked!!

You were right. I had copy/pasted the old blocks into each other, thus creating havoc.

I created the block from scratch, and it worked fine.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

ATTSYNC works good on dynamic blocks that already exist in your drawing. It updates the attributes to reflect the block's dynamic
properties.
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

works for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services