Did you mean: 

Attribute Inside of Dynamic Block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bghost12
1011 Views, 4 Replies

Attribute Inside of Dynamic Block

Good morning everyone,

I'm still very new to the annotative dynamic block functions as the company I work for is just now in the process of upgrading from 2005 to 2013.  So forgive my ignorance.  I'm trying to create a dynamic block of a spot elevation label.  I use an attribute so the text can be edited and changed with each block placement.  I'm now trying to make the block annotative so the label will print the same regardless of the viewport scale.  The problem i'm having is adjusting the placement of the attribute.  Once I use the grip to move the attribute once, they all move in accordance.  With just a piece of annotative text i'm able to move the text on the different viewport scales without affecting the others.  It's as if they act as seperate pieces to text.  Is this possible with the attribute inside of the annotative dynamic block?   If so, how can I get that done.  Hope my description made sense.  Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rfg018
in reply to: Bghost12

Yes: What you want to do can be done.

In your block, Atrtribute should be lock or unlock base on what you want to do.

sound like you want to have the block to be anno., if so the attribute need not to be anno.

Since you are say that all the attributes are moving, I think you are redefine the block.

To move, strech or roate the attribute, you need to set Parameters and actions. 

Hope this point you the right directions.

If you post your block, someone may look at it and help you.

Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rfg018

Attributes need to each have a unique Tag and be Locked in order to function properly in Dynamic Blocks.

Attributes will not respond to Actions if they are unlocked.

While keeping Attributes unlocked may be desirable if they are truly to be static it is unusual that you don;t find reason to apply an Action to them at some point.

Most often the Dynamic Block is made Annotative not the individual entities in the block.

Message 4 of 5
Bghost12
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for the input, but I don't think my issue was communicated very well.  I'll try again.  Currently, we use dtext for each spot elevation label.  When I make the dtext annotative, I add 1"=5', 1"=10', and 1"=20' scales to the text so the spot elevation label will plot the same height in each viewport where different scales are applied.  The benefit of using text is that you can grip each scale in their viewport and place them where they need to be without affecting how the text shows in the other viewports.  So although it is only one piece of text, it acts as three seperate pieces in being able to adjust them per viewport.  I would like this same ability with an attribute inside of a spot elevation block.  But if I use the grip of the attribute and move it, it will adjust all scales relatively.  Is there a way around this, or is this just a function of how the annotative block will work?  Hope that helps clear it up.  Thanks.

Brian

Message 5 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Bghost12

Typically you make the Block Annotative and not the parts of it.

Have you tried that and would it still work as you intend?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services