Did you mean: 

Attribute in Visibility Parameter

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kkline116
976 Views, 8 Replies

Attribute in Visibility Parameter

Hello all,

What I'm trying to do is have a graphic scale with a set list of scales the user can pick from. This was easy using the Visibility Parameter.

However, I want to add a "custom" vis state where, once they select this option, the attributed defintion box will pop up and give them the option to input whatever scale they are using.

Is there a way to do this?

Check out the attached .dwg to see what I've done so far (I just have the attributes on the "custom" vis state).

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: kkline116

Could this perhaps be something?, using a Block property table and attributes instead of visiblity states. Allows for customizing scale, also added an attribute for scale.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 9
kkline116
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I really appreciate you doing that, but I don't think that's going to work for our purposes.

I was hoping that by putting attributes inside the block on the "custom" vis state, that when they selected the "custom" option, the attribute editor box would pop up and they could add any number they wanted.

I'm guessing that's not how it works though...

Perhaps that's for the best though... I could see some of these guys using a 1"=650' scale. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 9
AcadAdamLT

Isn't that exactly what you've already done?

Or do you want it to pop-up automatically?

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 9
AcadAdamLT

Your own block, attsynched.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 6 of 9
kkline116

Yep, except the attribute editor box doesn't pop up when you select "custom".

Where the numbers should be, it just goes blank then looks at me... tauntingly.

Message 7 of 9
kkline116

I didn't know "attsync"... will have to research that.

But even still... it just sets the numbers to X and X2... where can they edit those numbers?

Message 8 of 9
AcadAdamLT

Go to visibility state "Custom" and type Attsync, select block and enter. Then it synchs the attributes with your block and your attributes should show, However you can not get the attribute window to open automatically when you select visibility state, not without some sort of LISP i guess :<

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 9 of 9
Libbya

"But even still... it just sets the numbers to X and X2... where can they edit those numbers?"

When the vis state is set to Custom, just double-click the block and the attribute editor will open.  You can also right-click the block and select 'edit attributes' or select the block and enter the attribute values on the properties palette.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services