Did you mean: 

Attribute driven dynamic block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bjornhgr
937 Views, 5 Replies

Attribute driven dynamic block

Hi.

I'm trying to create a dynamic pitch symbol block. It contains two attributes for entering horizontal and vertical pitch, and a triangle that I want to change based on user input.

Further, I've created the block in scale 1:1000 and I want to be able to scale it such that I set the block's scale at 0.1 for 1:100. I don't know if the scale needs to be included in some expression (or if that is at all possible). See the attached file where I have created the "framework". I would also like the insertion point to remain on the end of the "offset line", but that isn't really a big deal.

BMan

PS: I had to zip the *.dwg to be able to attach it. Don't know why.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: bjornhgr

In answer to your Title: Parameters cannot take orders from Attribs. Parameters can be used to populate Attribs but not the other way around.

That being said what do want to acheive?

Message 3 of 6
bjornhgr

Oh, I suppose I didn't really clarify my actual request. I've updated my .dwg below to better reflect my goal.

To describe it briefly: Given a line with a known slope, I want to:

- insert my block, give the ratio (1:2, 1:3, 3:1 etc) either as numerical input or as predetermined values for an action parameter.

- have the block display the ratio (see attached dwg)

- have the actual lengths of the triangle's sides be determined by the given ratio, but also be scalable.

I hope this helps.

Message 4 of 6
Libbya

That's a seemingly simple task but in reality fairly complicated.  It could be simplified some without having the base point at that location.  

The field requires a refresh after the angle has been changed.  

You could probably get more reliable operation by drawing as many different triangles as you have ratios and doing something like the second file I attached using visibility states.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Libbya

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

Likely only with Lisp. Dragging and dropping a Block or DynBlk into a drawign wil not allow this OOTB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services