Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arraying Attributes using Visabilites and Lookups

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
375 Views, 2 Replies

Arraying Attributes using Visabilites and Lookups

I have been experimenting with some dynamic blocks trying to get an array action to act like it is arraying Attributes with the content. After some research around these and other forums I managed to find a way using lookups to chain the array to a visibility. Now I am running into some glitches with the visibilities because I can only have one visibility.

Please see the attached file.

What I am trying to do is have one visability change the initial item and then array that (including the Attributes).

For instance the First lookup will decide if the "QTY" attribute will be shown or if "REF" (not an attribute) will be shown. After this is chossen I would like to be able to array and have the initial choice show up through all of the other balloons. The initial choice will also decide if the leader is shown or not. The problem I am running into is that the Visibility that is attached to the array function is overriding the intial visability choice.  

I have tried to add more lookup actions to the lookup parameter but it seems to just get confused because it has to choose between two different visabilities.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Ruan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I have this example of a Dynamic block with multiple visibility states Have a look how its constructed it might help you with the visibility states

Kind regards

Message 3 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: Ruan

Using a double lookup in the method I outline here is much easier and functions much more fluidly when more selections are required.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks/ootb-multiple-visibility-states-solution/m-p/4961288#M1...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services