Did you mean: 

Array & Space evenly

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
healy1983
2941 Views, 21 Replies

Array & Space evenly

Hello!!

Whoever is able to help me out with this problem is a life saver! Been trying to figure out a way to do this for a while now...

What I am trying to do is create a dynamic section showing the length of a beam, with wood stringers on top of it. As the beam is stretched to the desired length, the stringers(wood pieces - which is a cross-section) space themselves evenly between the two ends. Once the spacing between two stringers reaches a certain distance (ie 1 ft), it automatically inserts a new stringer and re-spaces all the stringers evenly once again. I usually do the spacing using the AEC Modify Tools -> Space Evenly command, but not sure if there is a way to integrate this into a dynamic block.

Any suggestions are welcome, if you need a better explanation please let me know~!

Thanks
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
IanH5033
in reply to: healy1983

Charles,

Thanks for the drawing. Always good to see what other people are doing. That insulation DB is good and gave my an idea - I've been trying set up to use a scaled version of the batting linetype to show insulation in the cavity walls and it's not working. Seeing your block, I've made a DB of a single cell of 'batting' with just an array action on it, and a set of lisp files to insert it at various scales to suit our standard insulation thicknesses. These lisp files are then used in tools on palette - gives me right scale, layer etc.

BTW - where did you get the BATT hatch pattern, it's the smoothest I've seen?

Ian
Message 22 of 22
Charles_Shade
in reply to: healy1983

Made it!
But not without help. I use Hatchkit from these guys: http://www.cadro.com.au/
Draw entites in CAD and it converts them for you from a DXF. Most all of my elevation hatches are unique. Keeps people from pilfering but so much.
Regards, Charles Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services