ARRAY PARAMETER IN BLOCKS CAN NOT FILL THE LEFT OVER SPACE

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
chaitanya.chikkala
726 Views, 9 Replies

ARRAY PARAMETER IN BLOCKS CAN NOT FILL THE LEFT OVER SPACE

HI ALL....

I HAVE CREATED A BLOCK WITH ARRAY PARAMETER WITH 0.9CMS COLUMN DISTANCE (SPACING) ALONG WITH STRECH PARAMETER.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT IF I STRECH THE BLOCK TO A LENGTH, SAY 8.9CMS, 8x0.9=8.1CMS IS FILLED AND 0.8CMS SPACE IS LEFT OVER. SO I WANT THE REMAINING SPACE (0,8CMS) TO BE FILLED WITH A PART OF ARRAY.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO THIS. I AM ATTACHING MY BLOCK.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: chaitanya.chikkala

How about this?  See attached.

Message 3 of 10
chaitanya.chikkala
in reply to: Libbya

HI LIBYA...

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS IDEA. IT HELPED ME A LOT. KUDOS TO YOUSmiley Happy

BUT ONE THING I DIDN'T GET FROM YOUR BLOCK. YOU HAVE USED ANSI37 PATTERN TO HATCH THE RECTANGLE. BUT I DIDN'T GET HOW YOU HAVE SCALED THE PATTERN SUCH THAT IT EXACTLY FITTED IN TO THE RECTANGLE DIMENSION THAT I REQUIRED. IS IT A TRAIL AND ERROR OR IS THERE ANY PROCESS TO PICK UP THAT SCALE(IN THIS PATTERN YOU HAVE GIVEN SCALE OF 5.064) THAT YOU FOLLOWED.

Message 4 of 10
Libbya

I used trial and error, but you can do it mathematically.  Unfortunately, it is not exactly easy...  and even harder to explain.  The hatch pattern @ 45 degrees makes squares that are 1/8 unit x 1/8 unit.  You can then use the pythagorean theorum to solve...  

(1/8^2)+(1/8^2)=C^2  

(1/64)+(1/64)=c^2

2/64=C^2

1/32=c^2

The sqrt of 2 is irrational so you might as well convert to decimal.

1/32=0.03125

sqrt(0.03125)=0.176776695=C

Therefore, when the hatch scale is 1, the distance between the diagonal points is 0.176776695.  You then can use simple division to find the scale factor.  In your particular block, the vertical distance is 0.44772241 units.  You wanted exactly 1/2 of a diagonal per your vertical distance.  

To find the half diagonal length... 0.176776695/2 = 0.0883883475.

To find the scale factor you want to divide the vertical distance by the half diagonal length...  0.44772241/0.0883883475 = 5.06540084.

Clear?

Message 5 of 10
chaitanya.chikkala

Thanks for the info. I will find the scale factor by using mathematical calculation. Any how you solved my problem. Thanks a lot....

Message 6 of 10
chaitanya.chikkala

HI LIBBYA....

WITH YOUR IDEA I AM CREATING SOME BLOCKS USING THE HATCH PATTERN. THESE BLOCKS ARE WORKING FINE.

NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER

WE CAN CREATE A LINE TYPE  OR PATTERN USING EXPRESS TOOLS  OF THIS TYPE --->   /\/\/\/\/\/\ ,

SO THAT I CAN USE THE LINE TYPE OR HATCH PATTERN DIRECTLY.

IF LINE TYPE OF THIS TYPE IS POSSIBLE...I CAN USE LINE TYPE FOR CREATION OF THESE BLOCKS.....

IS IT POSSIBLE?

Message 7 of 10
Libbya

You can make basically whatever hatch you want with this free lisp:

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/patterns/hatch-maker

It works great.

Message 8 of 10
chaitanya.chikkala

THANK YOU SIR...

AND WHAT ABOUT LINE TYPE?

Message 9 of 10
Libbya

The express tools does have the make shape and make line commands and they work well enough.  There are online tutorials on using them as well.  I have not really used them.  I personally prefer hatch patterns.  You may have a little difficulty making a linetype work the way you are wanting.  You would need to make a shape for the zigzag pattern and when the line type is used, it will 'array' the shape along the line with any partial remaining length shown as a straight line.  I also prefer the way that hatch pattern scaling is done.  

Message 10 of 10
chaitanya.chikkala

Thank you for your tips

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services