array multiple objects sequentally

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ddepriest
2398 Views, 12 Replies

array multiple objects sequentally

Greetings,

It seems like this should be easy but it's not. I have a block with multiple components. I want them to array sequentally as I drag the grip. First one component, then the next, then the next. What I get is all 3 at once when I drag the grip far enough. I tried 3 seperate linear parameters with their grips stacked but that didnt work either. What I have attached is a very simplified version of what I want, but I think once I get the concept it will be easy to elaborate on.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ojuris
in reply to: ddepriest

is it what you want?

Juris

Message 3 of 13
ddepriest
in reply to: ojuris

That is perfect. Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 13
ojuris

You`re welcome

Message 5 of 13
jz4all

Juris,

I would like to know how did you do it?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jz4all

Distance1 is the Parameter that Stretch, Stretch1, and Stretch2 are linked to.

Stretch controls the Distance4 Parameter that is chained to Distance1. Meaning that when Distance1 is activated the Action that is linked to Distance4 will also activate. Tha Arrays are linked to the relevant Parameters and logical distances were assigned. The circle needs to move 800 units to get to its first position, etc...

The rest of the Parameters and Actions are similarly setup.

(I just hope Juris had to trial and error this and did not just do it in one shot. I might have to not like that guy anymore if he did. Smiley Very Happy)

Message 7 of 13
ddepriest

As a Post Script here is the block that I was actually working on. It took quite a bit of trial and error, and i still don't understand why the distance parameters have to be set to the lengths that they are.

Message 8 of 13
ojuris

may be You can save to 2012 version?

In this moment I can`t have 2013 version

Regards

Juris

Message 9 of 13
ddepriest

Sure, no problem.

Message 10 of 13
jz4all
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks a lot Charles Cat Very Happy

Message 11 of 13
dunnamin

Howdy!

This is great, because I have tried for hours over varied attempts to do this, and thought it could not be done.

But I have copied the way the distances are offset in both the posted files, and my block, when it gets to the end, has a blank step in it. I cannot figure out what I did wrong.

Does anyone know what's wrong? (Each of 15 steps in 7 inches is moved over by its location, and then shortened by the "step value" which is 7/16".

Thanks,

-- Dunn

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 13
ojuris
in reply to: dunnamin

hi!

I don't working in imperial system and convert your block to metric system

Length of your block is 7 units and distance increment for Length parameter you are define 0.4375

Your block have 15 parts (steps). 7 / 15 = 0.4667 (increment that must be)

If I divide 7 by your increment  7 / 0.4375 = 16 (steps)

It is answer why you have blank step

Message 13 of 13
dunnamin

Thank you, ojuris!

I didn't type (/ 7.0 15) into AutoCAD. I used a new hand-held calculator that does fractions and it must be set to not be very accurate.

I looked at that for a while, and then went ahead and used the block because it didn't freak out at long distances anyway. But now I can fix it!

-- Dunn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services