Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array a stretch object.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wsargent
773 Views, 4 Replies

Array a stretch object.

I have a block that will be used to create a 'tooth' pattern for other pieces to lock into. The spacing on the teeth veries by design, but the layout stays the same. Is there a way to set the array offset distance to be equal to the strech value?

I sorry if this is a basic question, I am still new to dynamic blocks.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 SP3.0, built on: AutoCAD 2016 SP1, Map 3D 2016 SP2
Dell Percision T5810: MS Windows 10 Pro; Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA K2200 4.00 GB Memory
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: wsargent

Can you post an example it would be much easier to understand with something visual (maybe a before and after - or a couple of examples)

Message 3 of 5
wsargent
in reply to: steven-g

Below is the block that defines the 'tooth' pattern I use for notching out spave to hold dividers. I want to be able to array the block to make multiple notches, but cannot figure out how to add the array to the dynamic block so that the array offset is equal to the length strech.

Currently I set the length and depth of the block then array it seporately.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 SP3.0, built on: AutoCAD 2016 SP1, Map 3D 2016 SP2
Dell Percision T5810: MS Windows 10 Pro; Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA K2200 4.00 GB Memory
Message 4 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: wsargent

I think I understand,unfortunately the array distance is not adjustable from outside the dynamic block editor, once it is setup, thats the distance you are stuck with, I did a quick web search and "autocad dynamic variable array " gave a lot of questions, but only appeared to show one solution which involved Lisp which I can't test but maybe this will help http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/array-variable-column-offset/td-p/1834799

Message 5 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: steven-g

If there are a specific number of array column offsets, then a visibility state can be used for each option.

If there are not a specific number of column offsets then one workaround solution I have used is to have the block 'scale uniformly', draw the block so that I can use an intuitive value for the block scal factor to adjust the column offset.  Then dynamic parameters to adjust other affected linework back to the correct size is required.  One easy example of this is a lag bolt block that I use.  The lineowork is drawn so that the shank of the bolt is 1 unit.  Creating other sizes is as easy as entering the size into the scale property field.  See attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services