Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

dmhallahan
Message 1 of 3 (534 Views)
Accepted Solution

Architectural Detail - Dynamic Block Move + Stretch Actions

534 Views, 2 Replies
07-31-2012 06:29 AM

I'm trying combine a Move and Stretch Action such that the same handle MOVES the detail UP/DOWN and STRETCHes the detail RIGHT/LEFT while maintaining the base of the detail line at the reference line. Sounds confusing maybe but this is the most intuitive and elegant way to design it. However, I can't get it to work.

The attached detail achieves the same functionality but is a little clunky. 

Any ideas to smooth it out?

Are you sure that it is the most elegant way?

Cause if I understood the purpose of your block correctly then in my opponion, this might be a more elegant way.

Valued Mentor
AcadAdamLT
Message 2 of 3 (530 Views)

Re: Architectural Detail - Dynamic Block Move + Stretch Actions

07-31-2012 07:53 AM in reply to: dmhallahan

Are you sure that it is the most elegant way?

Cause if I understood the purpose of your block correctly then in my opponion, this might be a more elegant way.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2014
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
dmhallahan
Message 3 of 3 (524 Views)

Re: Architectural Detail - Dynamic Block Move + Stretch Actions

07-31-2012 11:03 AM in reply to: AcadAdamLT

This is what I had in mind... just used your approach and applied it to the other side. (See attached).

It seems there are some subtleties at play with the stretch frame and how you include other parameters. What seemed to work here was including the other parameter entirely in the stretch frame.

Thanks for the hand.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.