Did you mean: 

Annotative (Upright) Text in Block Definition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
apweng
528 Views, 4 Replies

Annotative (Upright) Text in Block Definition

Hello,

I have a block called PR Sanitary Service (Proposed Sanitary Service).

The block is a solid circle with an S.

The block has the following requirements:

1. Needs to be annotative and scale with the annoation / viewport scale
  2. Block needs to be dynamic so that the user can move the position of the S
  3. The S needs to be plan readable (upright)

I seem to be running around in circles on this and am looking for some help.

I've attached my block.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Incidently when I modify the properties of the block, the Match orientation to layout parameter always reverts back to No.

Thanks,

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: apweng

What's the issue with the block you posted?  It seems to fit the three criteria you outlined.

You could define the S as a block on it's own.  Make that block annotative and 'match to layout' and then insert it into your dynamic block.

Message 3 of 5
kasperwuyts

Pretty funny actually. Well, not the question in itself. But the problem of keeping attributes upright is actually the subject of the plugin from the Autocad My-First-Plugin VB.NET tutorial.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=18162650&siteID=123112

I think the finished plugin might be somewhere on that page as well, or be available from users who created it themselves.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: Libbya

If you change the view direction of the drawing with UCS, the text is no longer reading left to right.

Maybe I can do this with an attribute - still need to dig deeper into this issue.

Andrew

Message 5 of 5
Libbya

Did you try the suggestion I made?  If the S does not need to be changed by the user, you can make it into a block that is annotative with 'match to layout' selected.  You can then insert that block into your dynamic block in place of the text object.  If you also make your dot an annotative block and insert that as well, then you can make your dynamic block non-annotative and the individual objects will scale automatically based on the annotation scale.  When a paperspace viewport is made, the orientation of the S will always be vertical regardless of the rotation of the viewport or UCS of the viewport.  See the attached file.  The orientation of the S will not change in model space with changes of the UCS, though.  

The only trouble with that approach comes when you want a user to be able to easily access and edit an attribute which does not seem to be the case here. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services