Did you mean: 

Annotative text in Dynamic block

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
aznismo78
7043 Views, 11 Replies

Annotative text in Dynamic block

I have a dynamic block that contains both geometry as well as text.  I don't want the geometry to scale up based on the drawing  scale but I do want the text to scle according to the drawing scale.  I have tried making the text both annotative and non-annotative in the block and get the same result.  I can get the text to scale properly if I make the entire block annotative but that also scales the geometry which is not accurate.  Any Ideas.  Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: aznismo78

Here is two attached pictures of a block I use, The text inside the block is set to annotative but the block itself is not.

Note that the text is only visibile when the right scale is set for that specific text.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 12
kenji.oates
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

It's worth noting that when you retroactively make block text Annotative in a non-Annotative block (in my case Dynamic as well) you may need to do a BATTMAN sync to get it to behave properly afterwards. (ATTSYNC did not work for me)

Message 4 of 12
ojuris
in reply to: aznismo78

You have to make text in block annotative and add those scales (in properties window) that You gonna to use later

I add the block where all scales are add excluding 1:200

Try this - may be it is what You looking for

Juris

Message 5 of 12
jenholley
in reply to: ojuris

I am having this same issue. I am using 2016LT. I have been charged with the task of cleaning up all the current blocks and create what's not there. I have Mtex that's annotative in the dynamic blocks. The text seems to work at first then it doesn't. I don't need the text to change hence why I haven't make it an attribute. I need help in figuring out what I need to do to make this work for what we need.

Message 6 of 12
hwalker
in reply to: jenholley

Post your block here so someone can have a look at it

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 12
jenholley
in reply to: hwalker

Messing with the block all day I think I fixed the problem but we shall see. As I'm cleaning up these drawings and creating blocks I am seeing some off things that people in the past did to them. I'm wondering if it's a setting I changed and don't realized that was what the problem was. Fingers crossed I fixed the problem. The new blocks I am creating I am doing it from an AutoCAD template instead of one they set up for me to use to try and avoid these issues. Fingers crossed.

Here's what I've been working on. This was working when I left work yesterday. Hopefully it still works properly. lol

Message 8 of 12

How exactly did you fix this? Mine is still not working.

Message 9 of 12

Post your block so someone can have a look at it, and also I would put notes in there explaining what you're trying to do

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 12

I am new to these forums, how do I attach the file???

Message 11 of 12

Scroll down to where it says drag and drop here or browse files to attach. Click on BROWSE and a dialog box will pop up. You can choose your file from there. See the image below

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 12 of 12

Thanks. The file is attached. In paperspace the window is 1/8" on the left and 1/4" on the right.  As you can see, the object in the block shows correctly in the paperspace views, but the text does not. It only shows correctly in the 1/8" scale view. The block is not annotative, but if I change the text within the block to annotative, it disappears.

Thanks for looking at it.

Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services