Did you mean: 

Annotative Attribute shifts using "-insert"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ryled
461 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Attribute shifts using "-insert"

I have created two blocks, both of which creating 2 annotative attributes respectively.  When I use "insert" on the command line or the insert button these blocks are inserted as desired.  However if I use "-insert" one of the annotative attributes shifts and places itself in respect to the origin.

Annotative Pic.gif

If I the move the basepoint to the origin you can see the blocks display as desired.  (Picture for description purposes as moving a block moves the attribute that was at the origin)

Annotative Pic 3.gif

All attributes have lock position set to yes so I am stumped as to why only one from each doesn't insert correctly, and only does so using "-insert"

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryled
in reply to: ryled

I have tried to re-WBlock the drawing with the basepoint at the origin.  Block the drawing.  I've even recreated the symbol, blocked it, then WBlocked the block.  The only difference this way was the bottom, instead of the top returned to relation of the origin.  Perhaps its not possible to have more than one annotative attribute insert correctly with "-insert" like some type of glitch? 

Message 3 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: ryled

Can you post a dwg with the incorrectly inserted blocks, I tried but they look to work ok, unless I am missing something, if possible one correct and one incorrect, to see the difference. PS it will be tommorrow before I can get back to you (10pm here)

Message 4 of 4
ryled
in reply to: steven-g

Steven,

Thanks for the reply.  Those are the files. They only inputted incorrectly when I inserted them through a macro or "-insert".  However I found a solution.  Because it is an attribute error I was able to add ATTSYNC to the end of the macro and it works now. 

[ELEVATION MARKER]^C^C^C-LAYER;SET;"ELEVATION";;^C^C^C-INSERT;"ELEVATION - MODEL";scale;1;rotate;0;\;;^C^C^CATTSYNC;NAME;"ELEVATION - MODEL";

Same concept for the station one as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services