Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment parameters + Locked attribute position

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ccampbell7
1621 Views, 7 Replies

Alignment parameters + Locked attribute position

I am creating a wall mounted junction box dynamic block and I'm running into a problem. I'm using an alignment parameter to rotate the block based on the rotation of the wall it is being placed on. Unfortunately, the "J" in the center of the circle will not stay with zero degrees rotation like it would if you lock the attribute and rotate with a normal rotation command. It seems like the "lock attribute" option does not jive with the alignment parameter. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
drafter1984
in reply to: ccampbell7

try taking the J out of the alignment action selection set
then create a point parameter to the center of the J and add a move action to it and select the J
then go into the properties of the point parameter and select yes to chain it
then include the point parameter in the alignment action
kinda weird but it works
post your block if you need help
Message 3 of 8
ccampbell7

Well I took a look at that idea but it seems like the alignment parameter doesn't have a selection set. It seemed to apply to all objects in the drawing. Maybe I'm wrong though as I don't know as much about dynamic blocks as I should. I will attach the block.
Message 4 of 8
drafter1984

you are correct i was hoping it would be like the rotation parameter
have you considered using the rotationg parameter on the whole block
or even add it to rotate the J?
Message 5 of 8
ccampbell7

we like the conveniance of the alignment parameter because you don't have to know the angle of the wall to line up the j-box. We have a lisp to automatically rotate the attribute to zero so having a rotate parameter and action would actually be slower than using the lisp but I was hoping to avoid the lisp altogether by having it adjust itself.
Message 6 of 8
drafter1984

i'll keep looking
Message 7 of 8
drafter1984

have not found anything yet but i made one that rotates
give it a try
Message 8 of 8
ccampbell7

Thanks for that. I think I'll use it as an option for people. Some people may like it depending on how they draw. Sucks that they didn't have the foresight to think that alignment would be used with blocks that have attributes though. Would have been a nice feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services