Did you mean: 

Alignment parameter selection set

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
billymonter
262 Views, 1 Reply

Alignment parameter selection set

Greetings Gurus;
I have a block which has the alignment parameter. If I snap to this alignment the block correctly rotates, however the horizontal text in the block also rotates.
If I insert the block at the default angle and then rotate with the grip the text stays horizontal as it should. Is this a dead issue? Is there any way to make the alignment snap to the block and not the text. Any workarounds?

I have the text rotating by attaching the move action to a point parameter which is being rotated by the rotate command. I have tried locking the position of the text by making it an attribute (lock position) but that also gave no joy.

Help!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
IanH5033
in reply to: billymonter

You don't say how this block is inserted in the drawing - it sounds as though when you insert and use the alignment property at the same time you are rotating the whole block.

As a work around, try inserting the block without letting it align to anything then drag it and let it align. If that works OK, it means finding a way to isolate the text from te rest of the block during initial insertion. And, no I don't know how you can do that!

Hope this has been of some help.

IanH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services