DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find NET 4.0 SP1 for TrueView 2013?

43 REPLIES 43
SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
bwk-jsinger
255084 Views, 43 Replies

Where do I find NET 4.0 SP1 for TrueView 2013?

I've looked everywhere and tried a few downloads.  I cannot find this file.  It's very frustrating.

Any help?

43 REPLIES 43
Message 21 of 44
ko75
in reply to: bwk-jsinger

On Windows 7 you have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653) “a highly compatible, in-place update to .NET Framework 4.”

Message 22 of 44
weiyue.zhou
in reply to: ko75

I am using windows 7 64-bit and have opened windows update to update .NetFramework 4.0 to the latest (including all the KBs mentioned above), but the Trueview setuo still says NET 4.0 SP1 is needed.

Then I tried to install .NET Framework 4.5, and after that the TrueView can be installed now.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

I have uploaded the web installer here (need to be extracted):

Message 23 of 44
studoc
in reply to: Silvia.Menon

I went in and found the required net framework file, but when attempting installation got this:

"KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer"

Any clues on how to get around this would be greatly appreciated, I've been in this net framework loop some years ago, it's a nasty business...

cheers,

Stu.

Message 24 of 44
pendean

You need to uninstall all instances of .Net before installing this one.
Message 25 of 44
labsys
in reply to: studoc

You want the Full version of the Dot Net installer: dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe
It can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

This link and the .NET file worked for me

It downloaded NDP40-KB2468871-v2-x64.exe which is the file I needed for my 64-bit system

Message 26 of 44
studoc
in reply to: labsys

sheeeshhhh....! it's such a messy, time consuming business, this net framework stuff....

I uninstalled every other instance of net framework (ver 2, 3, 3.5... it's a pity each new installation doesn't take care of this...)

downloaded the suggested file from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

and still dwg trueview isn't happy.... it's still looking for net framework 4.0 SP1..........

what else can be done....?

Message 27 of 44
studoc

and I find that now my finite element analysis program won't run........

or my concrete modelling and analysis program.......

Message 28 of 44

This version worked thank you very much

Message 29 of 44
studoc

Just in case anyone is looking at this, who may have a similar setup to myself...

After reading a few other posts in the thread I removed whatever Net Framework had installed, being on the Windows XP platform, I made sure I had installed SP3, went back in and installed NET Framework 4.0 from the "dotNetFx40_Client_x86.exe".

Once again, subsequently, DWG TRueview would not install, still looking for NET Framework 4.0 SP1.

So i take it that the instance of NET Framework 4.0 installed from the above file does not include SP1 and that the instance of NET Framework 4.0 that installs from the web based installer (perhaps a later version?) can not install to a 32 bit platform....?

dunno, I'm just joining the dots here....

Message 30 of 44
madcowscarnival

studoc, the way I understand the .NET framework is that it keeps multiple versions installed on your computer so that the older programs that were designed for, and reliant on, older versions can continue to function (where they are not capable of utilizing more recent versions).  I too am on an XP platform, and was when I started this messy process I believe I was at version 3.5.  I currently have 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 installed on my machine.  I did not remove all previous instances prior to the process I described in my previous post, and it was successful.  The Engineer in me would like to know "why" its not a straightforward process but then again, I'm just a civil and primarily work with wood structures; sometimes you have to just hammer it in.

Message 31 of 44
Claesoc

Hi

This is how I did it

1. Download and install

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17718

2. Download and install

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3556

3. Install DWG True View 2013/2014

4. Done.

Message 32 of 44
csmail
in reply to: Claesoc

I dowloaded DGW True View 2014 and get error message that I need Service Pack 2 for Windows 7. Service pack 2 has not been released for Windows 7. Can I download an earlier version of DWG True Vew?

Message 33 of 44
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: csmail

Hi Charles and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

DWG TrueView 2014 is officially supported on Windows 7, as indicated in the System Requirements, thus ideally, it should not have any compatibility issues. You may also want to install all available Windows updates to ensure that the operating system is up-to-date.

If the error persists, could you send us or attach a screenshot showing the error here so we could look into it?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 34 of 44
recipefafa

here is the link for all microsoft products http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx .

my blog : recette and franking machine blog article .

30 yr old University Lecturer Vince from Sainte-Adele, loves discover to play poker, recette de cuisine and dominoes. Has toured since childhood and has traveled to numerous destinations, for instance East Rennell.le site pour une recette de cuisine
franking machine full articles
Message 35 of 44
ljimaisa
in reply to: Silvia.Menon

Had the same problem and this update works perfectly! Top install Trueview 2013 at Windows XP.

Thanks!

Man Very Happy

Message 36 of 44
drich3d

following are some steps to solve it

1: go to control panel

2: open "uninstall a program" or some will find "add or remove program"

3:on the left panel there will be an option "Turn Windows Features ON or OFF", click it.

4: you will find an option to install .net framework.

OR

if you coukd not fine such option there then download it from "filehippo.com" you will find full version

Message 37 of 44
BenitoDe
in reply to: labsys
Message 38 of 44
studoc
in reply to: BenitoDe

ooo.... "access denied"...

game over...

Message 39 of 44
BenitoDe

Is there a SP1 for .NET Framework 4.0 on Windows XP?

rying to setup Autodesk DWG Trueview, and recieved a messages that I must first install .NET Framwork version 4.0 SP1 !

I am on windows XP, I found the 4.0 version but can't find SP1  anywhere including the windows update, and microsoft downloads..

Please help

Message 40 of 44
janbr
in reply to: Claesoc

Thanks men i found here very helpful advice! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report