DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truview/Hyperlinks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
693 Views, 6 Replies

Truview/Hyperlinks

On Truview, is there a way to view a hyperlink created on an AutoCad file - DWG ?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: Anonymous

While holding down the CTRL key, put your mouse over the object that has the hyperlink and 'left click'. The file that the hyperlink is tied into should then be opened.

Shawn Niles
Autodesk Product Support

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

No, this does not work in TrueView.

Message 4 of 7
m_latz

Just tried the hyperlink feature in TrueView 2015 / 2017 / 2019 with a link to a web address. And it works as expected.

Can you please explain more in detail what not work on your side and provide a sample ?

regards

Markus

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: m_latz

There is no functionality for hyperlinks within TrueView by using the CTRL key as there is in AutoCAD.   Unless I've been missing something.  We have a DWG filled with hyperlinks that are all fully functional within AutoCAD.  When targeting the same file with TrueView, pressing CTRL and hovering over a point/line does not work.  

Message 6 of 7
pendean

CTRL+clicking on the object works fine here in DTV2018: since DTV is designed to make object selection difficult, unlike AutoCAD, it does take a few tries to get it going. Just wait for the pop-up that says something like "... ctrl+click to follow link..." then do it.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Oh okay thanks. I'm using 2017.  I just downloaded 2018 and will go from there.  Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report