DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trueview to PDF 'Flattening' Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
devcrowley
1160 Views, 1 Reply

Trueview to PDF 'Flattening' Issues

Whenever I convert DWGs to PDFs through Trueview (tried 2009, 2012, and 2013), the PDFs become nearly impossible to print.  I am not retaining the layers in the PDF, but when anyone tries to print the PDF to a printer, it gets stuck for quite some time with "Flattening" being shown in a message window (using Adobe Acrobat).

Is there any way to convert DWGs to PDFs, and not have them 'flatten' when printing?  If I plot straight to PDFs from Autocad, I don't have this problem.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: devcrowley

You are crerating PDFs with 'layers', and since printing is a 'flat' process, you are forcing the PDF reader to do that for you.

DWG Layers is one culprit, using an AutoCAD PC3 file or driver with 'line merge' turned on will do this too. I believe certain hatch options like transparencies do this as well. So find out what you do in AutoCAD and set it up exactly in DTV to do the same.

Or find and use a free PDF driver: most are no sofisticated enough to generate layering in PDF files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report