DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trueview export to DWF/PDF message

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cdcaron
3063 Views, 10 Replies

Trueview export to DWF/PDF message

Anytime I export to DWF of PDF I get a message "DWF application not found".  Stating it can't find DWF viewer and provided Design Review download.

What make this interesting is I have Design review installed and Acrobat Pro.  With both DWF and PDF they preview just fine in their respective programs.  I get this message for PDF export too, even though it's not a DWF.  To add to the strangeness, if I turn off Preview for either export the message still appears, but the exported files do not preview as requested.

The only way I've been able to turn it off is through the "Preferences" dialog.  The only preference option is to turn off preview for DWF.  However, if I restart Trueview the message(s) return and I've not been able to identify a registry setting to control this.  It's not really and issue, just annoying.

Thoughts?

Chris

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: cdcaron

What version of TV do you have?
What version of ADR do you have?

Did they both come from the same single download of ADR?

Message 3 of 11
cdcaron
in reply to: pendean

2012 for both.  Un-patched.

ADR is from ACA 2012, Trueview is standalone.

Message 4 of 11
cdcaron

Update:

Still an issue, now with ACA 2013, TV 2013, ADR 2013...!

Message 5 of 11
pendean

You can use ACA2013 to turn off the preview option in the PC3 files that it and DTV uses.

Message 6 of 11
cdcaron

Turning off preview still gives the message, no change.

Message 7 of 11
SeanMacOz

Still happening, TrueView 2015

Message 8 of 11
pendean
in reply to: SeanMacOz

What still happens 3-years later?
Message 9 of 11
SeanMacOz

OP:

"Anytime I export to DWF of PDF I get a message "DWF application not found".  Stating it can't find DWF viewer and provided Design Review download."

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
pendean

Confirm DWF is assigned to ADR, ADR is installed on your PC, and DTV/ADR are the same year-version.

Or turn off auto-opening of the DWF after creation, open it manually later if needed.
Message 11 of 11
ukdxb012

Hi @SeanMacOz

This is working fine for me in DWG Trueview 2016 and opens in ADR 2013 when exporting. Have you tried both Export and Printing options for DWF. If so, you might want to check your Printer Support File Path settings in the options for DWG Trueview 2016.

Might be worth checking your device driver file search path as well.

Also as previously suggested, make sure ADR 2013 is installed correctly (try a repair) and that the DWF format is defaulted to Autodesk DWF Application.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report