DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueView 2015 Measure Area Issues

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
33241 Views, 8 Replies

TrueView 2015 Measure Area Issues

The "Measure" tool for "Distance" works perfectly well, however, when I click on "Measure" "Area" it is not calculating correctly. (Ex: an area that should measure at 35 SQFT is calculating at .014 SQFT).

Please advise.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums 🙂

Can you confirm if youre measuring in Model Space or Layout? Also, do you potentially know the units of the DWG, or the units that the user decided to draw in when creating?

Maybe you could attach the drawing so we can investigate further... It would also be good to know which version you are using etc.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for your quick response!

I've attached a PDF print screen to help explain.

The top screen shot is of the measured area at the Powder Bathroom (using Meaure, then Area tools).

The second screen shot shows .0141 SQFT calculated by starting my curser from the first point (upper left corner), second point (upper right corner), third point (lower right corner), forth point (lower left corner), and back to the endpoint (upper left corner). Again, it seems to work perfectly fine when I measure in the "distance" Measure tool, just not the "area" Measure tool.

I don't know what space or units I'm measuring in, as you've asked below... can you tell by my attachment? Otherwise, is this a question for our drafter who created the DWG original drawings I'm working off of?

I will be happy to give you kuddos and will be happy to accept as solution once resolved. Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9
ukdxb012

Can you select the model tab of the drawing in the bottom left and then try measuring the area again in model space.

I'm not at my machine so cannot visualise how the tool works but do you have to select the top left point again or not? Can't remember if you have to close the area you are measuring by doing this or simply just define the area by selecting just the 4 points, not repeating the 5th.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Duncan,

You are a genius! Clicked the "Model" tab and worked like a charm! (Of course, this was about the only tab I didn't try clicking on at first)~ simple solution which I could not find on my own, so thank you for your help.

The measurements are the same whether clicking on the 4 points or clicking on the 5th to close the endpoint.

Kuddos and thank you again! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
ukdxb012

All part of the service 🙂

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 9
josephmadvincula

Hi Duncan, currently i am applying your instruction with my  DWG trueviewer 2013, after going to the model tab, I click the measure area icon and then proceed on clicking of the corners of the area which i want to know. still no result, the only thing that pop up is "Point or Option Keyword required".

Pleae help.

Thanks

-Joseph

Message 8 of 9
stephenbrocato

Hi Duncan, 

I am having some trouble with the measurement tool.  I do have it on the model tab when I measure an area under "area" like a small room it will show an incredibly high number like 252296 for a known area of 1200 feet.   How do I get it to measure in square feet for rooms in the measurement tab?  For other programs, I used the area as well 

I have 2020 Trueview

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: stephenbrocato

You are replying to a post from the year 2015...

Start a new post, explain your problem, post your DWG file and explain how we can replicate your issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report