DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trueview 2014 Hide Xref Path

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joshhuggins
2894 Views, 4 Replies

Trueview 2014 Hide Xref Path

I have a DWG file which has a missing xref. I don;t have access to the missing xrefed file. How can I hide the HUGE path that shows up over the rest of the drawing? I need to view/print the file but the path name covers everything up. Or can I remove the xref somehow. Thanks in advance!

A DataCADer trying to live in a DWG world.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: joshhuggins

Freeze that layer perhaps? You can't add/delete anything with the viewer.
Message 3 of 5
joshhuggins

Tried that, but there is additonal information on the same layer that needs to be displayed. I just imported the drawings into Datacad and printed from there. Thanks for the idea and reply though.. Just supprised that I couldn't find a way to at least turn off the display of the missing xrefs path. Weird.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

You can't "turn off" an XREF in AutoCAD, so the viewer has the same limits. I don't see a reference manager in the viewer either: wonder why they took that out.
Message 5 of 5
joshhuggins

So almost 2 years A co-worker had this same issue today. I searched Google to once again see if I could find an anwser to how to get the path of the missing DWG xref not print and laughed as I came across this original question that I forgot I had asked. After a little more thought, I had a duh moment. I just created a blank DWG file with the same name as the missing file that was being xrefed and put it in the same folder as the file being opened. Trueview 2015 loaded the file as expected and since the file existed the path to the missing xref file no longer printed. So simple yet effective. Sad that there is no apparent way to turn the display of the path off in Trueview. Seems like the would be so obvious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report