DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trueview 2013 on Terminal Server

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
benhar77
7526 Views, 7 Replies

Trueview 2013 on Terminal Server

Installed Trueview 2013 on Server 2003 32-bit server and have some weird issues that occured with the 2012 install.

1. The first issue is when users first run Trueview an installation dialog box pops up.  Unless they are local admins, it will then just disappear.  With 2012 I was able to make them local admins, have them start the application, then would be able to take the rights away.  It doesn't seem to be the case for 2013.  I do recall changing some folder rights (and maybe registry permissions) to allow them to run the app without admin rights, but can't remember what those changes were.

2. The other issue is I've noticed that if you look at the options on Trueview (File->Options) and look at the file paths for the settings, they are not always pointing to the user you are signed in as.  (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\sysadmin\application data\autodesk\dwg trueview 2013\r10\enu\support) Trying to change to the current user will work, but I don't want to have to do that for each user.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lgr007
in reply to: benhar77

I've always problem with DWG Trueview. Without local admin rights, application doesn't start.

Is it possible to use this application on Terminal Servers ?

Message 3 of 8
carlc

Hey I was just wondering if you have had any luck with this, I have been asked to get True view and inventor viewer working on our terminal server but there is no way I want users to have admin rights on the server.

Thanks

Carl

Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: carlc

Try posting in the Installation forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

Trueview, nor any other Autodesk product is supported on Terminal Services.  Though Trueview is not necessarily licensed on lease, per say, the usage of the product per a network server is prohibited by the EULA. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
ampster402
in reply to: TravisNave

I don't recall which softwares, but there are a couple that have been certified and allowed to run on citrix servers IRC.  Maybe Revit and one other..

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: ampster402

Yes, Citrix with special network licensing is approved for some of the product line. But Terminal Services is not supported for any of the products.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
DRiberi
in reply to: TravisNave

We used to run DesignView 2011 on our Terminal Machine with no problem but now users cannot run 2013 without getting the "preparing to install" message.  That said, Administrators are able to open the program without any problem.

Is there any sort of work-around to allow users to use the program without giving them Administrator privileges on our network?

Thanks! - David

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report