DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True View Educational Product Message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Amphere
684 Views, 2 Replies

True View Educational Product Message

I'm trying to open a drawing from AutoCAD newer than my 2010 by first opening in TrueView, then converting. I've done this before, so I'm sure it works. In this drawing, however, I get a message that the drawing will be marked "Produced by an Educational Product" or something like that. Why is this happening?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Amphere

The DWG file you have was created by an EDU version of AutoCAD: since that software is free for students to learn and use in school, the "prince" of free is that all DWG files are tagged with the message you received plus a print-label that shows up when you plot the file.

Realize that al content in that file carries the tag, so if you use any of it in your other files they will also be equally tagged.

It is a violation of the EDU license to use it in a commercial/for profit/for pay environment, that also includes "borrowing" content from those files to do commercial work.

Ask your file originator for details: it's between you two to resolve unless both of you are in an EDU environment of course.
Message 3 of 3
Amphere
in reply to: pendean

That makes sense. Thanks for the quick response. I'll bug them about
this right away.

--
Jack E. Cornell, PE, LEED-AP
PolyPhase Engineering, LLC
PH: 602-569-0668

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report