DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnail preview not working

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
hodoo22
7475 Views, 10 Replies

Thumbnail preview not working

I would like to be able to see the preview of my drawing before opening, but for some reason my computer doesn't come up with it, as per attached.

I have Design Review 2013, True View 2012 (tried to install 2013 but it complained about my .NET version), .NET version 4 and extended, Windows 7 Professional SP1 and I know I should be able to see the thumbnails of these drawings because other people can who have the same software as I do. 

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: hodoo22

Can you share one of those DWG files? AFAIK the preview must already exist in the DWG file in order for the program to show it.

Message 3 of 11
hodoo22

Unfortunately I can't share a drawing as they are all proprietary. But as I mentioned in my first post, I know these drawings can be previewed in the bottom left hand corner of the window becasue a number of other people at work can see it who only have the same software as I do. All the drawings I view are created by the proffesional draftsmen at work as well.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Is the DWG file format associated with DTV inside Windows? Or is it assigned to another program?

In other words, is DTV your default DWG program if you double-click a file in Windows Explorer?

Message 5 of 11
hodoo22
in reply to: pendean

Yes. 

Message 6 of 11
hodoo22

So I found the solution. 

In windows 7 under Organize > Folder and search options > tab View I had 'Awlays show icons, never thumbnails' selcted. 

Once I un-ticked that the previewer works great. 

Message 7 of 11
risdo

I am having the same problem. I'm running AutoCad LT 2012 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Up until a few weeks ago, Windows Explorer showed the thumbnails just fine, then all of a sudden it would only show the dwg icons. It will still show the thumbnail in the "preview pane", but it stubbornly refuses to show the thumbnails in the main pane where I need it to.

And, yes, I have un-ticked the setting  "Always show icons, never thumbnails". Multiple times. No luck.

Please, does anybody have any other ideas? I'm pulling my hair out here. Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
kevinpo

I am having the same problem, mine occored after installing the latest Design Review. I cannot preview them in thumbnail mode or on the sideof Explorer.  I'm also using XP pro.  Uninstalling Design Review didn't fix it either. UGH

Hope they fix this soon.

Message 9 of 11
andrew

The solution may have worked for one individual but it has not worked for the remainder of users. This issue is not solved and a solution is still sought. The problem is specific to Autodesk software as they are the only files affected. Can anybody from Autodesk please tackle this issue? Due the extra administration involved in attempting to preview the file content, the ability to function within the usual time frames is affecting productivity. 

Engineering is the art of organising and directing men, and of controlling the forces and materials of nature for the benefit of mankind.
Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: andrew

These are end user forums: autodesk staff rarely visit.
Message 11 of 11
Seychellian

I get this for some files and not others. Settings are as recommended. Confused....

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report