DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TempEmbed.bmp Thumbnail opposed to image

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mthomas
1197 Views, 5 Replies

TempEmbed.bmp Thumbnail opposed to image

When opening Inventor drawings with Autodesk TrueView our logo which was inserted as an embedded image appears as a thumbnail "TempEmbed.bmp"

I tried what was suggested in the Autodesk Knowledge Base TID 7099459

Any ideas? It's happening on multiple Windows 7 systems

Mike

Mike Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: mthomas

DTV cannot find the file that is being referenced, so it is substituting with a place holder.
My guess is the logo is not embedded or if it is so then is set to link to a file that DTV cannot access. Quick test: place that logo in the same folder as the file you are trying to open with DTV then try to open it again.
Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade

That reads like the link is being lost to the Picture.

SWAG - Under Tools. Options, Files, there is a place for Project Files Search Path.

Does adding the path to the Image Folder here make an difference?

Message 4 of 6
mthomas
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Tried copying the image into the same folder as the drawing... no change

Tried adding the location of the images to the Project File settings... no change

I opened the drawing with AutoCAD and its showing the same behaviour as TrueView. When I look at the properties of the image it is listed as an "Autodesk Inventor Object"

Mike Thomas

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

Have you tried re-embedding the File?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

AutoCAd (and DTV) have no way of displaying "Autodesk Inventor Object" entities, AFAIK there is no fix. You'll need to replace it with something that is supported.

It might be worth it for you to post in the Inventor forum and ask your peers if there is a tip or trick to getting the export to work as you wish with the logo file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report