DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some DWG files are opening as blank drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rehallman
1284 Views, 3 Replies

Some DWG files are opening as blank drawings

I have attached 3 sample drawings.  I cannot see any information in Samples 1 or 2.  I can only see text in Sample 3. 

I believe that I could see the drawings for Sample 1 and 2 in the past and I am trying to debug what has changed.  I can only see a dark gray background for Samples 1 & 2 currently. 

Please see if you view any drawings in these three files. 

I am currently using DWG TrueView 2011, Windows XP SP3, 32 bit.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled DWG TrueView 2011 and I still cannot see anything on Sample 1 or 2.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: rehallman

Your Sample1 and Sample2 files were corrupt. See attached fixed in AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 4
rehallman

Thanks for the reply.  Even your 'repaired" files will not open on my computer with TrueView 2011.  I rolled back my version to TrueView 2009 and I can open the repaired or corrupted versions of Sample 1 or 2.

Message 4 of 4
brfox

I am unable to open them using TrueView as well but I am able to view the files using AutoVue v18.  We have the same issue with drawings that are created or updated using Raster Design which contain the embedded TIFF Files.  Any chance that this is the case for these drawings?   I have investigated through the blogs and support site and there doesn't seem to be a fix for this issue anywhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report