DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setupdwgtrueview2015_enu_64bbit.sfx.exe is not a valid win32 application

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mikew
6685 Views, 4 Replies

Setupdwgtrueview2015_enu_64bbit.sfx.exe is not a valid win32 application

I get the error "Setupdwgtrueview2015_enu_64bbit.sfx.exe is not a valid win32 application" when trying to install TrueView 2015, on several different Windows 7 computers. Anyone else having this problem? Also, as far as I know this file can't be downloaded on Chrome and the file size shows up as 0 KB when I use IE11 or FireFox to download it. Any thoughts?

To go off on a rant...why is it AutoDesk is always trying to fix what isn't broken? Every year I update our company computers to the latest software, and every year there is a new issue that pops up do to some stupid change they made. I've never had any issues with software from other companies, it's always the AutoDesk stuff. And that's ignoring how many crashes I have with Inventor daily doing simple tasks...

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: mikew

I read your message, then went and downloaded DWG TV 2015 using the latest Firefox, and the download works just fine.

The direct link to the 64-bit download is:

http://download.autodesk.com/esd/dwgtrueview/2015/SetupDWGTrueView2015_ENU_64bit.sfx.exe

Make sure you are downloading the correct version (32-bit or 64-bit) that matches the O/S on which you are trying to install.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
mikew
in reply to: rkmcswain

I can download it with Firefox or IE, but the file size is 0KB (instead of the ~300MB it says it is) and when I click on the downloaded file it gives me the "Setupdwgtrueview2015_enu_64bbit.sfx.exe is not a valid win32 application" error message. I was able to download and install Design Review 2013 using Chrome without any issues (just to make sure it wasn't a network/firewall thing), so I wouldn't think it's something on my end causing the error.

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: mikew

Yea, it's 316,790,576 bytes in size. If your file is 0kb, then obviously the download is failing,

I just downloaded the same file with IE 11, and the latest Chrome, no problems. It's certainly not on Autodesk's end.

Do a tracert to "download.autodesk.com" and see if it times out at a particular stop.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
mikew
in reply to: rkmcswain

tracert worked fine. Tried downloading with my firewall off and got the same 0KB file. It seems odd that it will download, but won't download the whole file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report