DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating System Windows 7 Premium Home not supported msg when installing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tcrowland
4529 Views, 8 Replies

Operating System Windows 7 Premium Home not supported msg when installing

I am trying to install DWG Trueview 2011 32 bit on my computer. I am running Windows 7 Premium Home. The .PDF systems requirements indicates this operating system is supported, but when I install the program I get an error that says This operating system is not supported by DWG Trueview 2011. Not sure what to do....
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: tcrowland

Hello,

It sounds like your trying to install the wrong version. If your running a
64bit Operating System, then you need to install the 64bit version of DWG
TrueView. If it's a 32 bit OS, then you need to install the 32 bit version
of DWG TrueView.

Hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Test Development
Autodesk Inc.

"tcrowland" wrote in message news:6392053@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am trying to install DWG Trueview 2011 32 bit on my computer. I am running
Windows 7 Premium Home. The .PDF systems requirements indicates this
operating system is supported, but when I install the program I get an error
that says This operating system is not supported by DWG Trueview 2011. Not
sure what to do....
Message 3 of 9
tcrowland

Well that sounds simpe enough. I will try to download the 64 bit version again. I have tried twice but maybe the third time will be a charm. Thanks for the help!
Message 4 of 9
Sam.Graham

I have tried to run the install three times- I run a 32bit Windows 7 and I have made very sure that I am installing the correct one, and yet- it still does not seem to want to install. Any ideas?

I would greatly appreciatte it, as this is getting more and more aggrivating.

Sam

Message 5 of 9
vinimagus

Same thing here.

Fact 1:

I'm using a computer with a "Win XP 32" O.S.

I installed the "DWG TrueView" soft and I have been using it.

Fact 2:

I have tried to install the very same installer file to a computer with a "Win 7 32" O.S.

I have managed to install DirectX, but failed to install the "DWG TrueView" soft itself.

The log file contents follows:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

2010/7/20:10:20:20         enjoy02               ENJOY2                === Setup started on ENJOY2 by enjoy02 ===

2010/7/20:10:20:31         enjoy02               ENJOY2                === Setup ended ===

2010/7/20:10:20:28         enjoy02               ENJOY2                === Setup started on ENJOY2 by enjoy02 ===

2010/7/20:10:21:49         enjoy02               ENJOY2                Install    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x64)              Failed                Installation aborted, Result=2

2010/7/20:10:22:31         enjoy02               ENJOY2                Install    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x64)              Failed                Installation aborted, Result=2

2010/7/20:10:22:43         enjoy02               ENJOY2                === Setup ended ===

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Can someone please help me?

TIA,

Vini

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: vinimagus

"...Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x64)              Failed..."

err, why is it installing the 64bit version in your 32bit OS? It should be installing this one I believe:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displa...

Are you sure Win7 is 32bit? Did you deliberately purchase and install only the Win7 32bit? Very quirky indeed this Win7 business.

Message 7 of 9
rarditti
in reply to: vinimagus

Hi Vini,

Where did you find the log file?

Message 8 of 9
vinimagus

Honestly, I do not remember.

I think the error msg itself gave me a hint.

Message 9 of 9
maspiers_home
in reply to: Anonymous

The download page does not offer any choice of download. It would appear that you'll always get the x86 version. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report