DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open DWG files with TrueView 2011 in Internet Explorer 8

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
MBEI
14498 Views, 9 Replies

Open DWG files with TrueView 2011 in Internet Explorer 8

Hello forum,

how it is possible to open DWG TrueView 2010/11 files on Windows 7 in Internet Explorer 8?

By default, DWG TrueView opens but it should be opened in IE8 as it worked with Voloviewer.

The folder option settings "File Types" in XP are not available anymore in Windows 7.

Do I need to change the registry setting for dwg files?

Thanks

MBEI

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: MBEI

Could you describe in more detail what happens when you try and open a DWG with Trueview? Do you receive an error message? If so, please attach a screenshot of it.

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 10
MBEI
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

When opening dwg files, the "file download dialog" appears, After confirming with "Open" , IE gets called up but the navigation gets cancelled and the DWG True view is being opened separately. See attachment

In Windows XP and Internet Explorer we used to open documents & files like .pdf & .dwg embedded in Internet Explorer. Configurable via Folder options tool in Windows Explorer. See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162059

This is not possible anymore in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.

In Windows 7 the software tools (Adobe, Office) handles this feature:

For pdf. files this setting is available inside Adobe Preferences

Microsoft has released a softwer patch that changes thr registry settings for xls, doc, and other MS Office files.

All other software tools needs to handle this in its software itsself.

Is their any option in DWG True View or any registry setting where embedded IE view can be enabled?

DWG files should open directly in IE without any dialogs as it works with pdf files

Message 4 of 10
hpotter
in reply to: MBEI

Yes, we are having this exact same issue.  We have many machines running Windows 7 and we have guidesheets posted on our internal Sharepoint site.  These sheets will not open as they did in the past.  Microsoft points fingers at Autodesk and Autodesk says Microsoft.  We need a fix FAST.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
pendean
in reply to: hpotter

There appears to be a pattern with free software around here: compatibility issues only get fixed with the following version it seems. So I think we all will have to wait for DTV2012 to appear next year 😞

Message 6 of 10
oscargarin
in reply to: pendean

I have installed DWG TrueView 2012. The problem is .he same. Our users need to open DWG files iInternet Explorer! If not we'll have to move to other alternatives. Please help. Oscar Garin

Message 7 of 10
jean_pablo
in reply to: oscargarin

I'm having the same problem when I try to open a dwg file by internet explorer 9 appear just a blank page

Message 8 of 10

Hello ...
I was getting the same behavior (of a Blank Page in Internet Explorer) while trying to View a DWG Drawing from our Web Base Custom Online Documentation System !!!

Finally found a Fix to this Issues I was having by Modifying a REGISTRY KEY
Tested this Registry Key Modification for both Autodesk DWG TrueView 2012 & 2013 and it Worked for both ... I was then able to View the DWG Drawing through the DWG TRUE VIEW Application !

Here's the Modification that I have made to the Registry for it to Work :

Goto to the following Key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dwg
And Change the Value for the (REG_SZ) the "Content Type"  
    image/vnd.dwg

to:

model/vnd.dwg

After that try re-open the Document that didn't get Opened (it should now Work, at least it did for me)
(NOTE that you may need to Close your Internet Explorer and restart your file opening process from scratch)

Hopefully this will Help some of you with this Nightmarish behavior of DWG TrueView via Internet Explorer
and allow you to move onto more interesting & Productive Work 😉

Have a Great Day
Thank You

Eric Prevost

Message 9 of 10
jat454
in reply to: helpdesk.novabus

This simple registry change worked like a charm..thanks!

Message 10 of 10
emre53
in reply to: jat454

Kurdum DWG TrueView 2014 Windows 8 (64 bit) işletim sistemi;

Geciken başarılı

Denedim açmak için => TAMAM

Açmaya çalıştı bir dwg dosyası => HATA :

LoadLibrary 126 hatasıyla başarısız oldu: belirtilen modül bulunamadı.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report