DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue installing DWG TrueView 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ARROSCO
4487 Views, 3 Replies

Issue installing DWG TrueView 2014

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install the DWG TrueView 2014 on my computer with Win 7 Enterprise 64bits using the file 'SetupDWGTrueView2014_ENU_64bit.sfx.exe' and I cannot reach the complete installation without having an error concerning the 'Windows Explorer'.

During the installation, the 'Setup.exe' shows a window that says 'the following applications should be closed before continuing the install' and the application listed is 'Windows Explorer'. I have closed manually and automatically the 'Win Explorer', i have put 'Do not close', and also 'Ignore', but nothing seems to work.

Do anyone know what is going on?

I've been using DWG TrueView in this computer, since version 2011 without having any problem.

I'm attaching some pictures below.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ARROSCO

Are you logged in as full administrator in Windows on that PC?
I believe it wants to shut down 'Explorer", bascially your entire Windows Display, which should blank-out your entire screen for the few minutes it installs.
Try rebooting your PC and shutting down all background running applications, including Anti-Virus and Anti-whatever else you have.
Message 3 of 4
ARROSCO
in reply to: pendean

Hi pendean, I'm logged as full administrator, I've rebooted my computer, I've shutted down all the applications and nothing.
I'm running out of ideas
Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ARROSCO

Restore the OS back to prior to the attempts to install.

Download the Installation package.

Are you checking the box to Automatically Open when done with the download?

Some general install items to follow:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/quick-start-general-installation-workflow.html?ci...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report