DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Page Setups Not Working

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AndrewJordan1248
3306 Views, 3 Replies

Imported Page Setups Not Working

Hello!

I am desperately trying to make plotting drawings easier for users.  I am a SysAdmin for a small network.  We receive DWG files from many external sources and always have to change the printer, page size, plot area, plot center, plot scale, plot styles and quality settings to get decent readable output.  If only it were as simple as printing a PDF!

So I have been investigating the Page Setup > Import functionality in TrueView.  Having created a DWG file containing all the Pagesetup information for all the printers available on the network, I am attempting to import these settings and apply them to any externally provided DWG files on different workstations.  I use the Page Setup > Import option, the browse to my own DWG file (created on a different workstation in AutoCAD) ready to "Import Page Setup From File", which then displays a nice list of all the various setups I have created for all my network printers.  I can then select one of these page setups, click OK and then... Nothing!  

I am returned to the Plot dialogue box with <None> defiantly displayed in the Page Setup drop down.  (Checking the drop down list for my selected page setup also reveals nothing.)  It is as though the functionality to "Import Page Setups" is simply disabled, without warning or error.

Please can anyone help or explain this behaviour?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: AndrewJordan1248

First, are you abiding by this simple rule listed in HELP for DTV:

" Note You can import both model space and layout page setups at the same time. However, an imported model space page setup is shown in the Page Setup Manager only if the model tab was current when you opened the Page Setup Manager. Similarly, an imported layout page setup is shown in the Page Setup Manager only if a layout tab was current when you opened the Page Setup Manager."

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the pointer there Dean.  Yep - I should have read the manual...

Strangely - in TrueView 2011 it doesn't matter whether you created the Page Setup in the layout or model tab - they seem to appear in either.  2012 seems to be more fussy about it as your post highlights.

As the DWGs we receive from external sources are sometimes optimised for model and sometimes layout, depending on the draughtsperson, I am now creating identical Page Setups on our "plot settings.dwg" file for use with both of them...  Now the fun begins - trying to teach non-CAD technicians how to use it!

Again thanks for your help.

Andrew

Message 4 of 4

My name is Mostafa Badri and I work in the IRANTABLO. CO. I have been drawing AutoCAD software for three years. Our company draw more than 50 pages in one model layout But we always spend a lot of time to print all pages, that is we choose each page one by one and print. I have an idea that will help you to lead AutoCAD software to remove this flaw. I use this idea in the primary step. If you like to have the idea Email me. Eng.mostafabadri@gmail.com this idea will help your AutoCAD software to be popular. With warm regards, Mustafa Badri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report