DWG TrueView

alex.kelly
Message 1 of 6 (698 Views)

IGES CAD viewer software

698 Views, 5 Replies
07-19-2013 02:54 AM

Our customers are sending us IGES (or IGS) files and we don't have viewers for people to view the drawings.  Can anyone recommend a file format please?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (689 Views)

Re: IGES CAD viewer software

07-19-2013 05:41 AM in reply to: alex.kelly
Your internet web browser's search feature broken? or is this just a search for a blind recommendation? Just curious... .
http://igsviewer.com/ among a dozen others, free always has a cost though. Autodesk offers none that are free.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
alex.kelly
Message 3 of 6 (683 Views)

07-22-2013 12:33 AM in reply to: alex.kelly

No, i am a IT admin so dont know a lot about CAD.  I will be installing this on 30-40 machines so i want to make sure i install the right one first time.  Staff have started to ask me if I know of a program to open igs files so i though i would start by asking you guys, the experts.  Have you used this program before? 

Thanks 

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 6 (676 Views)

07-22-2013 05:14 AM in reply to: alex.kelly

Well good thing about Free and Trial offers is someone can test and see what works best for them and you can assess the potential conflicts of the install of the software.

Pick the lead guinea pig and let 'em have a go at this and others you may find.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 6 (673 Views)

07-22-2013 05:32 AM in reply to: alex.kelly
Sorry, you will need to work with your CAD folks to determine what works for them and what doesn't, plus what works for you and what desn't (from installation and support end). With CAD, no one shoe fits all users.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
alex.kelly
Message 6 of 6 (665 Views)

07-23-2013 01:03 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I've installed http://igsviewer.com/ on a couple of machines and i've not had any complaints so far.  I'll question them later to see if it meets their needs after a bit of use.  it also has a "/silent" switch to install on mulitple computers incase anyone else reading this is interested. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.