DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGES CAD viewer software

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alex.kelly
2994 Views, 5 Replies

IGES CAD viewer software

Our customers are sending us IGES (or IGS) files and we don't have viewers for people to view the drawings.  Can anyone recommend a file format please?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: alex.kelly

Your internet web browser's search feature broken? or is this just a search for a blind recommendation? Just curious... .
http://igsviewer.com/ among a dozen others, free always has a cost though. Autodesk offers none that are free.
Message 3 of 6
alex.kelly

No, i am a IT admin so dont know a lot about CAD.  I will be installing this on 30-40 machines so i want to make sure i install the right one first time.  Staff have started to ask me if I know of a program to open igs files so i though i would start by asking you guys, the experts.  Have you used this program before? 

Thanks 

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Well good thing about Free and Trial offers is someone can test and see what works best for them and you can assess the potential conflicts of the install of the software.

Pick the lead guinea pig and let 'em have a go at this and others you may find.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Sorry, you will need to work with your CAD folks to determine what works for them and what doesn't, plus what works for you and what desn't (from installation and support end). With CAD, no one shoe fits all users.
Message 6 of 6
alex.kelly
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I've installed http://igsviewer.com/ on a couple of machines and i've not had any complaints so far.  I'll question them later to see if it meets their needs after a bit of use.  it also has a "/silent" switch to install on mulitple computers incase anyone else reading this is interested. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report