DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install DWG TrueView 2016 thorugh commandline for silent/unnattend mode ?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
agm7883
28882 Views, 9 Replies

How to install DWG TrueView 2016 thorugh commandline for silent/unnattend mode ?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to install Autodesk DWG TrueView 2016 through command line either in silent or in unattend mode. The setup.exe which i have does not support command line parameters. Because when i using setup.exe /?, the installation was starting directly.

I have also extracted all the contents of setup.exe. Now this version does not have only 1 msi file. It got lots of msi files and i believe all are dependencies that also need to get install.

So what i need is:-

1. Silent/Unattend command line parameters for setup.exe

OR,

2. Sequence which msi should be install one by one.

Of course, i will investigate more by running setup.exe and will check eventviewer also which application getting install after which application. But if anyone has done this application, please do let me know.

Regards,

agm7883

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ukdxb012
in reply to: agm7883

Please try the following... 

setup.exe /w /t /l /q setup.ini

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 10
agm7883
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hello,

The above command line works properly.

However, it would be better if you can explain to me what those switches mean

/q - Quiet

/i - Install

1. /w and /t stands for what ?

2. And is there any switch for suppressing reboot ?

3. What should be the command line parameter for uninstalling the same with reboot suppress ?

Regards,

agm7883

Message 4 of 10
ukdxb012

Hi,

Please refer to the following link which is more helpful than me trying to explain them... https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367988(v=vs.85).aspx

/I Installs or configures a product

/q is quiet but you could look at /qb or /qn, i often use these.

For an uninstsall you would use /x and the DWG Truview GUID e.g. Removal of DWG Trueview 2015... /x{5783F2D7-E028-0409-0100-0060B0CE6BBA} /qn /norestart

I simply used the following for DWG Trueview 2016... SetupDWGTrueView2016_ENU_64bit\setup.exe /w /q /i SetupDWGTrueView2016_ENU_64bit\setup.ini

The example i gave you was copied from an article online while i was browsing from my iPhone for you.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 10
agm7883

Hello,

Thank you very much for the response.

Regards,

agm7883

Message 6 of 10
sebastian.gruszka

Hi,

I'm trying to install DWG TrueView 2016 using command

setup.exe /w /t /l /q setup.ini

but there nothing happened. Also I was reading article http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/dwg-trueview/troubleshooting/caas/discussion/t5/Installation-L... and doing exacly what there wrote and the installation isn't succeded.

The only thing what is happening after run this command

setup.exe /i /qb

is opening window "Setup initialization", the progress bar is runinig to about 20% and window is disapearing.

The setup.exe file is of course extracted from SetupDWGTrueView2016_ENU_64bit.sfx.exe. When I'm trying to run

SetupDWGTrueView2016_ENU_64bit.sfx.exe /w /t /l /qb

it displays Autodesk Self-Extract window witch propmts me to select destination folder to extract to.

Commands are runing under Windows 8.1 64-bit and under Windows 7 64-bit.

Please for help how can I install this with unattented mode, because nothing work.

Message 7 of 10

I've figure out...
Installation have stopping because installer need .NET FrameWork 4.5 installed on the machine. When I'm installed it, the setup.exe of DWG TrueView was done correctly.

The extra-info was in Application Event Viewer (under "Manage this computer").

Message 8 of 10
jerryshannon

Actually, Duncan, I don't think your suggestion of using the GUID to do the uninstall of TrueView 2016 will work.  If you look in the registry, the GUID is {5783F2D7-F028-0409-0100-0060B0CE6BBA}, but running MSIEXEC /X{5783F2D7-F028-0409-0100-0060B0CE6BBA} will result in a prompt that asks you to shut down Windows Explorer. 

If you look at the registry's UninstallString value for TrueView 2016, it has a value of Setup.exe /P {5783F2D7-F028-0409-0100-0060B0CE6BBA} /M AOEM /language en-US.  Running this command brings up the menu that allows you to Add or Remove Features / Repair or Reiinstall / Uninstall.  There must be some switches for the SETUP.EXE that will allow you to specify which maintenance action to take (uninstall) and to do it silently.  However, AutoDesk has done a fantastic job of hiding documentation (if any exists) for the switches that can be used.

Message 9 of 10
tsomaBH88S

/w and /t is not msiexec switches but conjunction with /l switch w can be used and /j switch t can be used. Can you please explain the /w and /t stand for? Can we used the properties of REBOOT=ReallySupress?

Message 10 of 10
spratley

Hi, We use Design Review 2013 here for many of our engineers and we're in the process of upgrading everyone to SSD's and refreshing their PC's at the same time. I'd like to configure a silent install for Design Review but we need to include both the JT and DGN importer. Will running the silent install include them by default or are there additional switches or commands that need to be fired?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report