DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting DWF

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ADringer
2113 Views, 8 Replies

Exporting DWF

I'm trying to export my DWG file to DWF but running into some problems.

I use the export routine in TrueView but get the error message 'There were no plottable sheets in the current operation.' Is there certain things I have to do to the drawing to make it export?

If I open it in Design Review it is just a blank canvas.

I can plot the drawing and save it as a DWF but then I lose all layer information.

Thanks

Alex

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: ADringer

Are the export parameters the same as the plot parameters? It would appear they differ base on your description alone.

Message 3 of 9
ADringer
in reply to: pendean

They are the same, there's not really much to change. I've got them both zoomed to extents and pen assignment is DWF Virtual Pens.

Alex

Message 4 of 9
ADringer

Been playing around with it but still cannot get it to export it because of the error. I can get it to convert if I use AnyDWG so there must be something plottable in it. Any ideas?

Alex

Message 5 of 9
Nata_ly

Hi!
Have you found a solution?
Because we have the same issue - can't export dwg to dwf (but in AitoCAD 2014).
And a little note: dwf could be created after switching from model to layout.

But couldn't be saved because of other error. (we have had Autodesk Design Review'13 installed already)

error 1.jpg

error 2.jpg

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Nata_ly

Forgive me, but are you reading the pop-up messages? The first one says you do not have a DWF viewer attached. There seems to be a problem with your software installation of Windows has not assigned DWF to the installed application.

The second message would seem to indicated you are trying to overwrite an existing DWF and is in a read-only state (locked folder, it's actually open or being referenced etc.).

Based solely on your psot, your issue is not related to software but Windows/System access issues.
Message 7 of 9
Nata_ly

Yes, I am reading, but have no idea what was the cause of this errors.
Now I know.
So thank you!

Message 8 of 9
Nata_ly
in reply to: pendean

OK, everything is working and now I can create DWF... but only from Layout.
Why?
I just try to understand, could this error ('There were no plottable sheets in the current operation' in Model) cause the job-processor error ('Unknown error during publishing')?

If not - OK, I'll look in other side.

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Nata_ly

PLOT to DWF, then it's just like plotting from anywhere else and you get a DWF file to boot.

'export' is not the best tool to create electronic plots like DWF and PDF IMHO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report