DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error whilst loading DWG TrueView and running for the first time

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jpnewson
9621 Views, 4 Replies

Error whilst loading DWG TrueView and running for the first time

I am having problems in running DWG TrueView 2013 for the first time

Namely I get the following erroe meassages whilst trying to access the drawing folder to load a drawing:

In the first dialoge box titled

DWG TrueView Error Aborting

the message

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x0000 Exception at 0h

and then is a seperate dialoge box titled

Error Report - Required Value Missing

with the message

An Autodesk product failed to send the required value for UPITOKEN.

The error report sent to Autodesk may be incomplete.

I have looked at other threads and there does not seem to be a clear resolution to this issue

I am using Windows 7 Professional  6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Using installation files from autodesk SetupDWGTrueView2013_64bit

Does anyone know what the issue is, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jpnewson

Agreed about not having a clear resolution.

Most that I have read points to .NET or Login error concerning the User account

This is the closest I found to a solution:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/DWG-TrueView/DWG-TrueView-2013-crash-after-loading-DWG/td-p/3410095

I would suggest that you run System Restore prior to the installation of TrueView. Use this to clean up your system as it were.

Or download and install REVO UNINSTALLER (Free) and use its most aggressive setting on the TrueView installation.

Though I am not sure that this will help you find any leftover TrueView entries int he Registry it may be a worthwhile exercise:

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Be sure that you are logged in as an administrator to your OS and try the install again.

Message 3 of 5
jpnewson

Thanks for this – for the benefit of others this is the start of a solution. I cleared the download folder and any exploded compressed files and folders, all cookies, browsing history, internet temp files and temp directories under C:\Windows\temp and %temp% in a run command line. Then I used the installation from USA site, Design Review which includes True View – and success finaly.

Message 4 of 5
andrzej

I had the same error and re-instaling did not help. Finally I realized, that my laptop has two graphic adapters. I changed settings, forcing DWG TrueView to work with NVIDIA graphics instead of the default Intel HD3000. This solved the issue with the error. 

Message 5 of 5
ukdxb012

I recently came across this issue...

To get round it i applied the /nohardware switch to the DWG Trueview shortcut and applied the change.

Once i did this, i could successfully open DWG Trueview and open a DWG file without the program bombing out and reporting the UPITOKEN error.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report