DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons:

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kerber0s
23989 Views, 6 Replies

Error: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons:

Ok,

I'm an IT guy for my company and I know NOTHING about CAD programs. One of my users uses DWG TrueView 2010 to view and print drawings. Every time he goes to try and print, he receives the error:

\\server\HP DesignJet 500: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot device has been substituted.

Once he goes and selects the Designjet 500 again he can print. Is there something I need to set on his software? Any ideas on how to fix this? The guys actually creating the drawing don't have a problem with the printer. We have deleted it and reinstalled it numerous times. Thanks for the help and sorry for my limited knowledge.

-Kerb
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: kerber0s

kerber0s wrote:
> Every time he goes to try and print, he receives the error:
>
> \\server\HP DesignJet 500: This plotter configuration cannot be
> used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the
> device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot
> device has been substituted.
>
> Once he goes and selects the Designjet 500 again he can print. Is
> there something I need to set on his software?

Do both guys (DWG author and the TV user) have the exact same DJ500
driver installed, and/or are they both connected to the same network
print share? Is there only one DJ500 in the list, or could there be
two (one pointing to the network print share, and the other being a
.PC3 file)?

--
R.K. McSwain
http://cadpanacea.com
Message 3 of 7
kerber0s

Both are the exact same. They both installed by browsing to the server and double-clicking on the icon for the DJ500 to install. Same driver. When we upgraded the driver we deleted the printer from all computers and had everyone reinstall. Only one DJ500 exists.
Message 4 of 7
swmitchell

Go in to printers and faxes delete said printer > go to file > server properties> drivers > remove said printer > restart > add printer as if for the first time >> if you cannot remove from server properties > drivers >> go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\ delete all associate files with the said printer name > restart > go back to serever properties > drivers > remove said printer > reinstall printer. You can now print to the said printer /plotter
Message 5 of 7
EdenAQ

I have encountered same issues, it always happens when I received drawings from my clients. Do not know why.
Message 6 of 7
kerber0s

SW,

I will try this today with the user and let you know the results. We have not tried deleting the driver from his machine only the printer. Hopefully this works. I'll let you know.

-Kerb
Message 7 of 7
Basam.Yousif
in reply to: EdenAQ

Because their drawings reference their plotter which does not exist on your computer 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report