DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error access violation opening files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CIrwin
899 Views, 4 Replies

Error access violation opening files

I have some sales people who get the access violation error when trying to open the files that I saved on the server. I can open in AutoCAD, re-save the file and then they can open it. It is completely random on which drawing files this happens on. I looked for locked file leftovers thinking that they might be causing it, but that is not it. I have also reinstalled AutoCAD on the three machines that we have still nothing. Again AutoCAD can open the files but dwg true view is getting access violation errors.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CIrwin

Do your sales folks have local admin rights in Windows?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 5
CIrwin

Thanks for the reply.

They have read and excute.

What gets me is 10 drawings out of 200 they might not be able to open until I open and resave that particular file.
Message 4 of 5
jbailey86

We are having the same issue as the original author where I work.  Sales people using DWG TrueView cannot open some .dwg files because they get an Access Violation error.  When someone in engineering opens the drawings in AutoCAD and resaves it, the problem goes away.  I have been unable to find something unique about the files in question.

One potential problem is that the sales staff uses TrueVIEW 2011, but all the engineers are using 2012.  TrueVIEW 2012 can open every file without ever having an Access Violation, but that may also be because those using 2012 are engineers with different permissions for those files.

Before we go through with updating every sales person's version of TrueVIEW, can someone confirm or discredit the idea that the version of TrueVIEW has something to do with it?  My only problem with that theory is that it is only a handful of .dwg files that cannot be opened out of the thousands that are dealt with every day.

Message 5 of 5
jbailey86
in reply to: jbailey86

Some further information on our problem:

Some of the .dwg files are always edited together.  This is because there are 2 sheets to a drawing, so if a change is made to one sheet (e.g. XXXX-1.dwg) then the other sheet (XXXX-2.dwg) is also modified at the same time.  If there is ever a problem opening one of the sheets, then the other sheet always has the same problem.  This makes me think the problem is something systematic with the way they are created, edited, or saved and not just some sort of random corruption of files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report