DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elements Do Not Show In Converted File

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AndyRove
834 Views, 4 Replies

Elements Do Not Show In Converted File

When I do a conversion from say an AutoCAD 2010 file to Auto CAD 2000 nothing displays in the new 2000 file.  The conversion report indicates no errors.  An "Audit" of the new 2000 file shows 10,000 elements but neither the "Model" of "Sheets" show up.  When opening the file in AutoCAD 2000 the "Preview" shows a perfect picture of what's there.  Wht's going on and what do I need to do to fix it.  I've attached the troublesome file.  The 2000 file also shows up fine in DWG TrueView but not my AutoCAD 2000.  I'm running in a MS Windows 7 environment.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: AndyRove

Your R2000 file only seems to contain content in paperspace, 19 blocks total and nothing else.

There are 5 more blocks in modelspace. None appear to be related to content in paperspace.

The rest of the content you mention is not located anywhere and all purge away clean.

Your DWG is a conversion from INVENTOR as all the objects list as such. None appear to be R2010 content.

There doesn't seem to be much to fix as I cannot manipulate any of the content in AutoCAD 2013 (not the reader) to 'fix' it. Can you touch or edit anything in R2000? It appears you only posted "converted" R2000 files and not the 'original' 2010 file.

Message 3 of 5
AndyRove
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for looking into it. I don't have Inventor or the original file. It must not have been created correctly from the Inventor drawing file. The firm I'm doing work for lost their Inventor expertise. I'll have to figure a way to get it. Thank you again, AndyRove
Message 4 of 5
ampster401
in reply to: AndyRove

ask who ever supplied the original file to save the Inventor drawing out as an "AutoCAD dwg" and not an "Inventor dwg"

HTH

Message 5 of 5
AndyRove
in reply to: ampster401

I did that. Thank you AR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report