DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwgviewr.exe installed but will not run. Please see error message below.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jeremy
6742 Views, 12 Replies

dwgviewr.exe installed but will not run. Please see error message below.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click ok to close the application.

Version windows 7 pro 64 bit.

I have tried uninstalling reinstalling.

and I have tried reinstalling .net framework 4.5

thanks for any help you can provide.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
noucamp
in reply to: jeremy

Is there an answer to this? I'm having the same problem. Thanks.
Message 3 of 13
jeremy
in reply to: noucamp

I never found one. I actually for got about it and my client hasn't complained.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 13
Pametan_Ja
in reply to: jeremy

I have same problem... When I install dwgviewer and try to start it, I recive a message:

"The application was unable to start corectly (0xc00000142). Click OK to close the application."

I reinstall the dwgviewer two times...

Message 5 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Pametan_Ja
Message 6 of 13
KE0CGU
in reply to: pendean

I am having the same problem.

Just installed AutoCad LT 2010 (my father in law had an extra license of the 3 he got).  Turns out with the older software I can't open dwg files from users of more recent software and I can't open dwg files I have made in Draftsight 2015 (freebie cad from Dassault Systems, very similar to ACLT).

So really, my problem is opening more recent dwg files, and so I downloaded the DWG Trueview 2015 in an attempt to have a dwg converter.

System information

Windows 7 64 bit - Gateway NV53 laptop 500 GB HD, 4 GB ram, AMD Athlon II X2 M300.

I downloaded Autoruns and looked at the appinit tab while starting DWG Trueview and that yielded no insight.

Current Adobe products on my computer are as follows.

Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX (1/24/2015)

Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI   (1/24/2015)

Adobe Reader 9.5.2 MUI         (8/21/2012)

The programs "Search Protect," "SW Boost," and "Performance Optimizer" are not on my computer.

To my limited computer knowledge, I do not have an NVIDIA driver.

My antivirus software is "Total Defense Internet Security Suite" and I also run a freebie internet filter called X3 Watch.

Any ideas and your time would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 7 of 13
pendean
in reply to: KE0CGU

DRAFTSIGHT is still free and can still save DWG files down to lower versions: no need to get the viewer.
Message 8 of 13
KE0CGU

Thanks, you're brilliant... Draftsight does indeed work to save into an older file format!  Well, that was easy.  Now I can delete the viewer and forget about it.

Message 9 of 13
m_latz

But Draftsight does not use the "RealDWG" engine to read/write DWG files. They use an api from an other vendor (for read/write DWG files) which has tried to decode the DWG file format.

The last version from DraftSight I tried with the budweiser test drawing did not work 100%. And if you have drawings from verticals like AutoCAD Mechanical, etc. the result is even worse.

So if you have important drawings I do not recommend this.

regards

Markus

Message 10 of 13
pendean
in reply to: m_latz

LT2010 is the topic at hand and DS is good enough and there is no need for this scare tactic. Our hosts recognize there is more to the world than their software.
Message 11 of 13
m_latz

My Opinion is not "scare tactic".

I've been working with products from Dassault Systèmes (like Catia, CADAM, SW and DraftSight) since 1986. So my opinion comes from my experience with a lot of customers and their drawings.

You have other expierences, okay, possible if the drawings contains only the entities that work in DrafSight.

And I would also not recommend to edit .CATDrawings or .CATProducts in an other software than Catia.

regards

Markus

Message 12 of 13
pendean
in reply to: m_latz

OP is using LT: not Cartia, not a vertical, not much else.
DRAFTSIGHT meets their needs with no issues, I know, been using LT since v1 back in the early 1990s and DRAFTSIGHT since it came out for this exact same need/process.
Message 13 of 13
KE0CGU

Wow... slow down guys.

All I'm doing is making basic 2D drawings of bolt hole patterns and layout diagrams.  Its almost always only one sheet worth in a file and all pretty simple.

Using Draftsight as a converter works great for my needs, and I would just use Draftsight exclusively if I didn't have to type in the x-y coordinates manually for some dimensions (hole pattern spacing, etc).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums