DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWGs Trying to Open in Adobe, not True View

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
unfamiliar2
2927 Views, 3 Replies

DWGs Trying to Open in Adobe, not True View

Recentnly, I installed a 64-bit version of DWG True View.  Now, when I go to open a DWG file, Abobe Reader opens and displays the following message:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'xxx.dwg' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."

Is there any way to change the settings to enable DWG files to open through DWG True View, as opposed to Adobe Reader?  Is there an AC Launcher associated with True View where I would make the setting changes?  If so, where is the AC Launcher file located in True View?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: unfamiliar2

Hello Stephen,

You're going to need to make sure that DWG True View is setup as the default program for .dwg files. To do so, open your Control Panel -> Programs -> Default Programs -> Set Associations / Associate a file type or protocol with a program -> .dwg -> Change program.

Hope that helps and please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics as needed.

Message 3 of 4
unfamiliar2
in reply to: philip.s

Peter,

I knew that it had to be something simple.  Thanks for the help.

Stephen

Message 4 of 4
unfamiliar2
in reply to: unfamiliar2

*Philip.  My mistake.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report