DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Viewer for Android?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Maugel
44660 Views, 13 Replies

DWG Viewer for Android?

Autodesk, please develop a DWG Viewer for Android based mobile solutions like phones & tablets.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rad_thundercat
in reply to: Maugel

I concur!

Message 3 of 14
Eddie-B

I'm looking too. Anyone know of anything yet?

Message 4 of 14
pendean
in reply to: Eddie-B

Try the Remote Desktop method for now while you wait:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/4244-cad-viewer.html

Message 5 of 14

+1

I just found out that my coworker's ipad got the autocad love.

I'll be holding out for android.

Message 6 of 14
sor2007
in reply to: keyframezero

for Autodesk robot structural and revit structure too

Message 7 of 14
talondesigns

We have attempted to fill the gap in Android where it has otherwise been left out.

http://www.talon-designs.net/andcad.htm

There is a demo (as well as a full version) available on the Android market, which will give you an idea of wether or not the feature set is ideal (or close to ideal) for your needs. Just search for "AndCAD" and you will find it.

Currently it supports a proprietary format that we created, but does allow for DXF import and export. (DXF format is currently in beta, but is improving steadily).

It supports your basic drawing commands: lines, polygons, circles, polylines, etc. It also supports layers, snapping, ortho/iso drawing, minimal line types, image import, and a handful of other features. The next release will have support for direct input as well as dimensioning. Following that is support for block libraries, mirror, offset, etc etc.

Regarding DWG format. Since the DWG format is proprietary to Autodesk, we have been unable to implement the abilities. The cost of licensing the "Official" DWG format is way to high for us to be able to proceed, unless we can get support in that area. If I recall, its about 2500 to licence the libraries necessary to implement it, and a yearly 1500 maintenance fee to continue. Unfortunately, we cannot afford said costs as of yet. That being said - it doesnt mean that it is out of the question. Just not in the books currently.

Anyway - feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Message 8 of 14
scottmoyse

you do now:

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2011/04/autocad-ws-mobile-for-android-is-available.html

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 9 of 14
wayneauch
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi, is there going to be an Android viewer for inventor files? Like a publisher viewer?! Cheers

Message 10 of 14
scottmoyse
in reply to: wayneauch

and is the Buzzsaw app going to be ported over?

we should probably start a new thread, 'Requesting information about Andoid Apps"

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 11 of 14
shaan.hurley

Dont forget AutoCAD WS is on the Android as well for free and that is a perfect mobile DWG viewer and markup.

Cheers,
Shaan

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Message 12 of 14
pendean
in reply to: shaan.hurley

Whoa! Shaan is in the house... .

Message 13 of 14
shaan.hurley
in reply to: pendean

Yes, and I need to get out here in the NG more often. 🙂

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Message 14 of 14
markschaffer
in reply to: shaan.hurley

*AHEM* Perfect?

Isn't AutoCAD WS cloud based?  So, if you do not have access to the cloud, it does nothing but rain on your perfect app.

Is it just too hard for Autodesk to write a simple viewer app for Android, or do they simply not care to?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report